Hughesnet Community

Curious about usage

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JR1981

Curious about usage

I switched to another internet 2 months ago and cut the wire on my Hughes Net dish, yet when I go on the app it says I have used all my date. How is this possible? Something smells fishy and this is why I am canceling my service.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
MarkJFine
Professor

If you 'cut the wire' then the modem's not connected. If it's not connected, it can't update the system. So if you used all your data 2 months ago it hasn't changed.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
MarkJFine
Professor

If you 'cut the wire' then the modem's not connected. If it's not connected, it can't update the system. So if you used all your data 2 months ago it hasn't changed.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Nothing fishy. Since the modem's disconnected, it can't update itself. It's showing you the situation from back before you cut the wire.  You're fine, nothing to worry about.   EDIT 2: removed incorrect information (cheers, @GabeU!)