Customer Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Randy_1
New Poster

Customer Service

I called in today asking about changing my plan to a bigger plan. The lady I spoke to said that they don't offer any bigger plan then what I already have (75GB). I advised her that it shows online they offer 100 GB plan, only to find out that is for businesses only. I then advised her that I am comparing my plan to Viasats plan and she informed me that it was my choice to stay or to go. I asked her if HughesNet was willing to do anything to keep a 15 year customer and she said she, nor anyone else can offer me anything. I want to know how this is good customer service.  

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Unfortunately, it's really not that unusual for companies nowadays.  For really abysmal customer service, switch to the other guys. 

GabeU

You should check under the "Shop" pulldown at the top of the page to see what's available for you under "Change Plans".  

maratsade

They already have the biggest offered plan, though. 

GabeU

From the sound of it, but I figured it would be worth a check anyway, as there are 100GB Residential plans.

I thought the same thing, but the 100GB plan is for businesses only. Residential is 75. Viasat offers bigger plans for little more than what I'm paying now. That is my whole gripe that Hughes Net doesn't offer this, nor will they match it.

maratsade

Dude, you should really read the reviews and complaints about the other guys. Not pretty.

GabeU

@Randy_1 wrote:

I thought the same thing, but the 100GB plan is for businesses only.  

There is a 100GB Residential plan, though apparently it's not available to you. However, on the possibility that the phone rep was mistaken, I thought it might be of benefit for you to check, as Gen5 customers can switch to another Gen5 plan through that portal without ever having to call.