cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CWM030
Sophomore

Data Alotment question

I have a question about my data alotment:

Does my data refill on the 13th of every month or does it refill on a different day?

Right now I am past my 20 days of relaxed data and I am down to 94% left. 

94% isnt going to last me until Jan 31 So tell me, do I refill on the 13th of Dec? That would make more sense than me going from Dec 2nd to Jan 31st on 94% data theres no way it will last that long. 

Thanks,

Chris

8 REPLIES 8
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@CWM030 

If you look here you should be able to see how many days you have until your data resets.  Your monthly data reset will be on the same date every month.  If it started/reset on the 13th, it will reset on the 13th of each month.

Edit:  I should add that, because it's the same date each month, some data months will be 30 days and others 31, and even 28 or 29 when it concerns Feb 13th thru Mar 13th.  Also, though the system will warn you if you get to a point where you've used more data than you should have at a particular time in the month, it never hurts to know how much you should try to stick to each day.  Like with mine, I have the 20GB plan, and with my data reset being on the 5th I know that I need to stick to around 667MB or less per day in this current cycle.

Lastly, if you primarily use Windows and/or Android based devices, Glasswire is a great tool for telling how much data a particular device is using, and just what on that device is using it, as in programs and apps.  It's a free program, and it can come in really handy, especially if you seem to be using a lot of data, but don't know why.  It monitors the data used ONLY for the device it's installed on, so it would need to be installed on each device you would want to monitor the data usage for.  With a limited data internet service like HughesNet, it can be important to know just what's using your data.  🙂

Allowance Resets

7 days/12 hrs/13 mins

I figured thats how it worked but I wasnt sure. So mine would be 13th to 13t.I was thinking theres no way they started the data cyle over now and expect me to last until Jan 31st. Lol 

Chris

EDIT: I am on the 20 gig plan too and I dont think its going to be enough :L 

maratsade

If you're on the 20GB plan, you should not use more than an average of a little over half a GB per day.  

@CWM030 wrote:

EDIT: I am on the 20 gig plan too and I dont think its going to be enough :L 

I try not to.. But with my pc hardwired in, 2 phones, and Google Home I might use a  almost gig a day. 

There's a bonus period between 2am and 8am where you should have an extra 50GB for the month. If you can tell your devices not to auto-update, then manually do it before 8am, you can significantly drop your anytime usage.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

EDIT: MarkJFine posted when I  was typing this. 🙂

Just be aware you're going to run out of data if you use that much a day. You may have to buy tokens or move some things (like downloads) to the Bonus Bytes portion of the day (2 to 8 AM local time).  We all get an extra 50GB for use during those hours. 

@CWM030 wrote:

I try not to.. But with my pc hardwired in, 2 phones, and Google Home I might use a  almost gig a day. 

Speaking of us both being on the 20 gig plan and me saying it prob wont be enough....... 

Do you make it every month on the 20 gigs or do you run out?

GabeU

@CWM030 wrote:

Speaking of us both being on the 20 gig plan and me saying it prob wont be enough....... 

Do you make it every month on the 20 gigs or do you run out?

Normally I make it through the month without running out, as I keep an eye on my usage and make sure to perform any sizable downloads during the Bonus Zone period, especially if I'm cutting it close.  However, over the last six months or so I've gotten a little lax in sticking to what I normally do and I've run out a couple of times because of it.  I have a good amount of token data though, so it didn't negatively affect me.

Since I first got the 20GB Gen5 plan in late Mar 2017 I've run out maybe four times, including this month.