Hughesnet Community

Data token mistake...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Compurex

Data token mistake...

I accidently touched the 25 gig token button on my tablet and was immediately charges $75 for it. There was no confirmation requested. I called tech support and was told there was nothing they could do. At least that's what I think they said. Their english wasn't real good. So, be careful...

2 REPLIES 2
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Compurex 

Unfortunately, they're likely correct in that there's nothing that can really be done, as HughesNet doesn't refund token purchases.  But, with that said, this could be the example needed for them to implement some type of two step process to ensure that nothing like this happens again.  After all, there are many more touchscreen items these days, and it's not hard to accidentally "click" on something unintended. 

Damian

@Compurex,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I am sorry to hear that this has happened to you. I would like to offer compensation for this but we do not have a process in place to allow this to be done. l will, however, be escalating this issue to make those with the power to change these features aware. 

-Damian