Dispute

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kurtzsm80
New Poster

Dispute

I am writing this dispute due to wrongfully Being set up and was told that I could cancel hassle free!! I was never told that I had 30 days to cancel!! That being said I Called in to cancel day 2 of service due to poor service and was told to restart modem and give it time! The sales rep continued to talk me out of canceling my service as I tried to several times. With complete frustration We gave it a month and still was not satisfied! When calling back to cancel I was informed that I have to pay a cancellation fee which I was not told when signing up! Was also told I have to return equipment including the satellite on my roof by the 12th or I would be charged for that as well, which I was not informed of that when signed up. After stating to the customer service agent that I was not informed of any agreements nor did I sign anything she then told me that the technician had me sign the agreement.. while the technician was at my house he did not inform me that I was signing anything to do with fees. He only told me I was signing that he was there at my place of residence and installed equipment. But to make matters worse I can’t get the satellite down from a two story house and didn’t even receive the return box to return the equipment!! Explain to me how that is fair or proper customer service?? We have been lied to from the beginning and now being charged cancellation fees and equipment fees! Upon Cancellation and being lied to I asked for the recordings of prior conversations and was told that they didn’t have any and were probably not recorded! We are good people and don’t deserve to be treated this way. If this problem is not resolved I will be taking further action and will write a review against the company for taking advantage of customers. Thank you for your time as I pray that this problem is resolved.
8 REPLIES 8
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You may want to request a sales call review.  There's no such thing as a 30 day grace period for HN.  Once the system is installed, you're locked into a 24-month contract, and there's a penalty for cancelling.  All the information is openly available here: https://legal.hughesnet.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm

GabeU

@Kurtzsm80 

There's no 30 day cancellation period.  The 24 month commitment is in effect from the moment the service is activated.  Also, they don't need the entire satellite dish back.  Only the radio from it, as well as the modem and power pack for the modem.  The equipment return kit they send to you has instructions on how to remove the radio from the dish (it's a single bolt, I believe).  

Without going into detail, the verbal consent to the service during the sales call is sufficient for the agreement, though you can still cancel before installation without penalty.  As well, simply utilizing the service constitutes agreement to the service.  

With all of this said, the reps can likely have your sales call pulled for review to determine whether the 24 month commitment was discussed.  Depending on what's found, you may have recourse.  

The reps are on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM, though Damian is sometimes on during the evenings.  They usually reply within a day or so, and they will do so when they read your post.  🙂 

Edit:  Apologies for the redundancies.  maratsade posted his reply while I was still typing mine.  

Damian

@Kurtzsm80,

If you have already canceled the service, I am unable to make any alterations to the account at this time. This includes launching investigations, as this can only be done when the account is still active. If you have not canceled yet, please private message me the phone number associated with your account and I will begin reviewing the sales call. Normally we are able to locate your account though the community, however, you did not sign up with an associated HughesNet account. 

-Damian 

Sherryd64
New Poster

Sorry that you're going thru this terrible ordeal. I totally identify with your comment about the sales/installation person lying, misrepresenting, and omitting vital facts and minimizing the importance of the "Installation Confirmation" you were asked to sign before he left. <br>We had the same experience. We were never told about Hughesnets policies regarding the many ways in which they manipulate and control what little data allowance your package has. We were told our data was strictly" High Speed" until our data plan was exhausted, and that after that, we would be slowed down until more data was added or plan renews. <br>We, just as you, were MANAGED by customer service. Asked to wait, to try this, try that, give it time, let's see in your next statement period... Etc. They have used every imaginable dishonest, unethical tactic in their arsenal on us. <br>Additionally, we were required to purchase our Hughesnet equipment prior to install. Our installation tech did NOT install the Dish or gen5 Radio that we purchased. He, instead, connected our new modem to and existing dish with a gen4 radio left by a previous customer. However, Hughesnet has the new gen5 Radio and serial number listed on my account as my equipment and they absolutely refuse to provide the upgraded equipment that we paid cash for. <br>I have had to stop using my fire tv, stop using my Alexa dots, I've had to have Dish Network installed and worst of all, I've had to loose my 14 year old son, a highschool freshman, by way of him relocating to his dad's home in another state due to his inability to access his remote learning and online classes in our home. <br>I've also been told no customer service call records exist for my many contacts and complaints. We even spent a couple months with the bureau mediating in an attempt to obtain the equipment we bought and obtain any decent internet service. <br>Hughesnets responses to bureau were wildly skewed, untruthful, misrepresentative of the service, my account, my communication with them, and Hughesnet humiliated us in their handling of the bureau complaint. They have ignored my emails and attached photos of the radio serial number in use here.<br>Why, here in America, do we, as consumers, have no recorse?
maratsade

Sherry, you are tacking on to an old thread by a user who canceled their account, so your post is not relevant to their issue and does not fit into their ticket. 

If you are still a subscriber would like to have the HughesNet reps on this site check your account and see what they can do for you, you will need to create your own ticket. Go to https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/myAccount-and-Billing/bd-p/AccountandBilling and click on Start a topic.  Explain your issue clearly and wait for a rep to reply to you.  You will not get a response otherwise. 

Keep in mind this site is for tech and account support issues; it is not social media, so if you would like to just relate your experience and your discontent, you may want to head to social media, which this site is not. Good luck and God bless. 

Good tip! I'll do that as well.
Sad state of affairs though.
You all have resources to immediately censor my post, immediately identify the tone of my post as dissatisfaction, reply and suggest other outlets for me to use to vent my frustrations... Yet MONTHS and many calls, chats, bureau complaints, later, can't seem to muster the resources to address and resolve my issues.
maratsade

I have no resources at all -- I do not work for HughesNet.  It's a pity you have not resolved your issues. Perhaps if you started a new post in the appropriate area and detailed what your issues actually are, you may find some of them resolved if they can be resolved. Are you still a subscriber? You can also cancel the service. 

Hi, I was referring to other emails and account messages I've received from hughesnet when I used the term resources... I apologise for attaching the good tip comments to your reply.
Thanks for the info. Good day