EBB not being applied

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rjk
New Poster

EBB not being applied

Hughes Net can't seem to apply this discount even though I've called them 5 times.  EBB states that my application was approved and good until 8/11.  Finally gave up after being on hold for over 40 minutes on the last call.

5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The reps here (@Liz , @KathyVoss , @Remy , @Damian ) can look into this and hopefully sort it out for you.  Keep checking back; they typically respond within 48 hours. 

Liz

Good morning rjk,

Thanks for reaching out, I'm sorry to hear this. I pulled up your account to review what happened and from what I can see there was one key phone call where our rep tried to process the EBB request. The initial calls were disconnected or we didn't have the account holder on the line, so the process could not begin.

I sugggest calling us again at a less busy time to try reducing the wait time, in the morning if possible. Chat, email, and even here won't work to process the EBB request as that requires verbal consent which is legally required of us for this process. If there's an error that comes up when you call in to try again, the rep should be escalating to a manager. If this happens, please also let me know so I can let our folks in corporate know and investigate. I'll keep your thread open here so you can update me on your progress.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

rjk
New Poster

Liz,

Your information is not correct.

I called on 6/17 and Hughes Net said they were not set up for EBB yet and to call back in one month.

Called 7/13 @ 3:46 on the phone for 8 minutes to be told they needed to talk to my husband

Husband called 7/14 @ 1:41 on the phone for 9 minutes and was told there was an error and to call back

Called 7/14 @ 5:52 on the phone for 24 minutes and was told there was an error and she (Aubrey was going to call EBB to verify our validation) and call back.  She NEVER called back.

Called 7/17 @ 11:32 on the phone for 72 minutes with 42 of those minutes being put on hold.  We hung up after being on hole that lone as rep never did come back on the line.

We have been very cooperative.  Patience has run out and frustrated to no end.

Understandable, we're trying to get to the bottom of these errors as well. Thank you for these details as well! I just go off what I see in the notes, so it also helps to get your side of the story. We're looking at the call from 7/14 and to see where, if possible, there may be a discrepancy between the EBB app and the HughesNet account, which can be a cause for error. I'll keep you posted on what we find out and any suggestions that could help.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi rjk,

Thanks for waiting while your case was investigated. The call review seems to indicate that the name and phone number on the EBB form doesn't match with what's on file in our system; any disrepancy will pop up an error. We recommend checking and confirming with EBB if you can update the info on your form since you've already been granted eligibility. 

I know this process turned out a lot more complicated than expected, I'm sorry about that, I would be frustrated too. If you can update the form or redo it if EBB allows it, then the EBB should be able to process. Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

I'm also letting management know of this situation, as I'm sure this isn't an uncommon occurrence, putting another name on the form that might not exactly match up with what's on the HughesNet account.

Thanks,

Liz