ETF Dispute Case #126868935

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sarahlaskey
Freshman

ETF Dispute Case #126868935

During my initial sales call, the agent failed to mentioned that I would be subject to a 24 month contract and up to a $400 ETF, despite the fact that I asked her to explain the cancellation policy and whether or not there were any ETFs. The agent sent an email to me with a link to the HughesNet subscriber agreement which mentions fees, but when I clicked the link, a 404 error appeared. I am requesting to cancel my HughesNet service and terminate the contract on the grounds of misconduct and deception by a Hughesnet sales agent. I am requesting to have the $400 ETF waived and no other fees collected so long as I return the HughesNet equipment according to guidelines, as I was not informed of the contract or fee, did not consent to it, and am unable to afford such a fee on a low income. Please review my initial sales call from November 22nd, 2019. I hope to settle this issue with HughesNet directly before taking it elsewhere. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7
Liz

Hi Sarah,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I appreciate you providing the case number and a summary of the issue. I can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll post back once I get the results.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Thank you for your quick response, Liz. I will await an update. 

Liz

Also: Was the number on file, ending in 22, the same number used to call and sign up?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Are these replies made public? I can send you my number in a private message if that is OK. 

Hi Sarah, 

Posting in the community threads are visible to the public, but you can privately message me the number you used to call sales to better help us locate the sales call.

Thanks,

Liz

Phone number sent. Thank you for helping. 

Good morning Sarah,

I see you called in and was able to get your concerns addressed, glad to see that. If you have any other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Thanks,

Liz