Early termination fee

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Coastalsun
New Poster

Early termination fee

I don't know why, but I was told by a rep to come to this place to report my issue with early termination fee.  If I were to start from the beginning and write about all the issues I've had, there would not be enough space!  But basically on this topic, my husband called and got Hughes Net satellites (2) installed at our RV Park.  He called a local man in southwest Louisiana.  Got his number from a sign.  He explained that there was a special--free installation and a lower price per month.  And I know we are a business, but they signed us up as a personal account.  Don't know why.  My husband said that the man had an accent and was difficult to understand.  But he never understood there would be an increase in the monthly payment or that we were entering into a verbal agreement for a 2 year contract.  This is business is in a hurricane prone area.  We had these satellites installed 9 months after Hurricanes Laura and Delta destroyed our business.  It took that long to get our small business going again.  We would NEVER enter into a 2 year contract with anyone having a business there!!!!  One of our satellites was turned off in January by Hughes Net and an early termination fee added to my bill.  I called (always a nightmare--they hang up on me, tell me conflicting info, etc) and was told that I or my husband cancelled one of our accounts.  Not true!!!! Told more that 1 rep that we did not!!!  Never did they offer to turn it back on.  Wanted to argue that we cancelled and I got hung up on.  Finally, one of them took my monthly payment and agreed that was all I owed, but stated someone may call me about the termination fee.  No one did, but I got billed the same fee and now getting texts.  After getting on the phone with a rep, yet again....I was told to report here.  I also reported to the ___ !  They won't allow me to put those three letters.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Oh yes, this is totally for customers (residential accounts only, though), but my point is that if you started a case with the B.B.Bureau, the HughesNet reps here can't help you, unfortunately. They're a different department, and so your case is out of their hands and goes to the department that deals with reports through the Bureau.  Hopefully those folks will get on the case quickly and reach out to you. 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade

That sounds like one big mess, and I hope it gets fixed for you.  However, if you reported to the Bureau, then you will need to wait (up to 30 days) to hear from the department that handles those reports. 😞

*I am not a HughesNet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

I am waiting.  I only called them today because of their texts.  And he told me to report the termination fee ordeal here.  From what I can understand, this is for customers.  Don't know how that can help, but I did what he told me and I sure appreciate your support.:)

maratsade

Oh yes, this is totally for customers (residential accounts only, though), but my point is that if you started a case with the B.B.Bureau, the HughesNet reps here can't help you, unfortunately. They're a different department, and so your case is out of their hands and goes to the department that deals with reports through the Bureau.  Hopefully those folks will get on the case quickly and reach out to you. 

Hopefully so!  Now why do you think the person who I talked to on the phone said I needed to come here to try to resolve the early termination fee????  Guess it's par for the course.  They've hung up on me numerous times--hold the line and let me check on that--then the line goes dead.  One of them basically called me stupid.  And now sends me here to solve an issue I have with billing.

maratsade

Remember they have up to 30 days to contact you, so be prepared for that. 

GabeU

@Coastalsun 

A tier one rep may not be aware of the process once a complaint has been filed with the triple B.

As for the insult you received, there's no call for a rep to do that.  None.

dbeard47
New Poster

Same day billing and drafting my checking account.  Auto Pay is forced upon you with a $5.00/month charge for paper billing.  If I have a question about a bill, it's too late because my account has already been drafted.  HughesNet punishes rural customers with rate hikes, plan changes, and awkward billing charges that adds to your bill.

I changed to a 15 gig plan to save money and I was told the new changes would start in 30 days because I have already paid the current bill.  However, immediately after hanging up with HughesNet, my account has been reduced.  Again, Ridiculous!!  Hog Tied is nice way of stating my frustration!!

maratsade

HughesNet isn't punishing anyone, and you're not hog tied. Paper billing costs more to process, so you have to pay more. You can change the payment method by using a credit card, a debit card, or a checking account. Then you won't have to pay the surcharge.  Anyone who uses paper billing, rural or not, has to pay the surcharge. 

If you'd like the HughesNet reps to look into your billing situation, then start a new ticket by going to myAccount and Billing and clicking the blue button marked +Start a topic.  The reps on this site deal with one topic at a time, and to get an answer you will need to post separately from this thread.  You can also contact customer service reps via Twitter, Facebook, or through the toll free number.