Early termination

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fcb
New Poster

Early termination

Well as of today I have been a Hughesnet customer for 10 days (install on 4-14-18), I have been on the phone with resp., techs, supervisors and account managers every single day with the same problem, internet does not work with Netflix, internet connection down.  I have increase my data plan to 30 from 20, I have purchased token for a total of $180.00 just in case I need them.  But my internet continues to drop every 10 to 20 minutes on my Netflix during movies. Yet every rep. and tech continues to tell me that everything is right with their end, but I am the one having the internet connection problem!

I contined to get the following message on my smart TV: "YOUR DEVICE MAY NOT BE CONNECTED TO THE INTERNET.  PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU CONNECTION IS WORKING AND TRY AGAIN", with this one the rep. on the phone told me that my new smart tv (purchased 12-23-17) must have a problem for me to contact Samsung. Next one told me to run a cable from my modum to my tv in the den, 15 feet, next rep told me to turn on my tablet and wait to see if tv did it again, to see if tablet had same message. On 4/20/18 I was on the phone over 5 hours from 8pm to 1am in the morning, they changed all my modum settings, had me call Netflix reason being he thought the problem was with them, but it was not, after all this now we can not even watch Netflix because it losses connection. 

I have been tranferred from 1 rep to another because they could not fix the problem, they stated that the person they would transfering me to was a supervisor, but he was just another floor rep.  I have numerous case #'s, today I am getting a call from an advance tech engineer. I have been told to unplug modum, move modum, satellite is right in postion, my walls are a problem but tv's are only 15 to 16 feet away from modum.  I JUST WANT OUT, I am tired of the whole internet thing, tired of being on the phone every night and it has only been 10 day! I cannot imagine doing this all month or much less months, years?  I am not looking for credits on my account, I do not need tokens, I have them, I JUST WANT OUT, I do not think I should pay a early termination fee, because Hughesnet has not keep up to their end of the contact, I was told that I would be able to watch Netflix and listen to music on our tablets, these are the only devices I use for internet and we cannot use them or see movies, not because of lack of data, but because they canot fix the problem. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Fcb,

Thanks for letting me know. We don't give refunds for tokens per the service agreement:

6.4 UNUSED DATA TOKENS. 

You agree that any Data Tokens you may have purchased, or which may been provided to you free of charge, have no intrinsic value if you are no longer a HughesNet Subscriber. Thus, any value associated with any such tokens will lapse at the time of termination of your Service. 

I hope that clears things up. Good luck with your future ISP!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Hi Fcb,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Fcb
New Poster

Morning, Liz

Thank you, I called the number on your last email, and unforunately I have terminate my account.  Question:  What happens to the $180.00 in tokens that I purchased?  Will I be getting back the money to the card on file?

Hi Fcb,

Thanks for letting me know. We don't give refunds for tokens per the service agreement:

6.4 UNUSED DATA TOKENS. 

You agree that any Data Tokens you may have purchased, or which may been provided to you free of charge, have no intrinsic value if you are no longer a HughesNet Subscriber. Thus, any value associated with any such tokens will lapse at the time of termination of your Service. 

I hope that clears things up. Good luck with your future ISP!

Fcb
New Poster

Not a problem, thank you very much.  This answered my questions.