Getting assistance when deaf

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nancyw
New Poster

Getting assistance when deaf

Before you say use chat, I have already done this.

I have been having service problems for over three months now.  Three times the repair guy has been here.  First time, water in the lines, he replaced lines.  Second time, spiders in the connections on the dish itself.  Third time, modem out.  Now service down again, new modem sent via UPS.  Neighbor on vacation until Tuesday and she got the delivery from UPS for me.  So here I am without service until at least until May 28th.  I have been without service approximately 52 days total since March. This month been without service since May 7th.  Everytime I chat with reps they pretty much tell me the same things and it is basically nothing.  They are helpful but this doesn't help me with not having service, losing my job because I was unable to access the internet for so many days prior to losing service this month...yet again.  

I thought it might be best to just cancel service since I have lost my job anyways. I cannot afford now to pay for early termination and certainly cannot afford to keep trying to have service restored again and again with repair fees. 

The techs keep telling me to CALL customer service, but how do I do this since I am deaf and cannot use a telephone??? And no I do not have a TDD and no the relay service (711) is not available unless you have a Sprint account, which I do not and do not want. 

So what suggestions does anyone have for me?  It would be nice to know what to do... 

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I imagine that the Hughesnet reps on this site will be very happy to help you; but since it's a long weekend, it's likely they won't be around until Tuesday. 

Liz

Hi nancyw,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!