Hughesnet Community

Given wrong information on three occasions - no choice but to cancel - advised cust s ervice mgr and was told we would not be charged!!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carole Zoeller

Given wrong information on three occasions - no choice but to cancel - advised cust s ervice mgr and was told we would not be charged!!!!!

We had no choice but to cancel your service as it could NOT
provide us with the necessary amount of band width needed.  When we first signed up, we specifically asked about it and was reassured that there would be no issues. My internet stopped working the first month - my wife was out of town on business - when she got home, hers was working, but not mine.  After hours of trying to figure out what was wrong, called Hughes who informed me that I had used up my monthly allottment already.  But, for an additional fee and a different package - Gen 4 Prime Plus he guaranteed it would work for what we needed it for.  Again, I ran out of band width - called again and was told that I needed another more expensive package - this time Gen 4 Max - again, explained what was needed and was told this would be more than what we would ever use.  Wrong again, and due to the fact that my wife works from home and uses the service for her business when she is in town this was unacceptable.  I called in and explained again the issue and finally got someone who told me you're correct - we can't give you what you need."  So, I proceeded to call back and cancel the service stating that reason and that I didn't have any choice.  At first I was told I would be charged an early termination fee - which I then said - this is not my fault - I am terminating because you cannot provide me 1.  the service you promised me on two occasions, and I cannot be without internet service waiting for my minutes to kick in again.  A supervisor was put on the line and I was assured that I would not be charged the termination fee.  But, I was charged - $400 - on inv # B1-300609190.  Please credit me back this $400.  I truly do not wish escalate this higher or get an attorney involved.  You admitted you couldn't give me the service I needed and therefore I had to terminate - it wasn't just done for no reason.  Thank you and please advise me when I may receive my $400 credit back to my atm card.  Thank you.  Doug Tomamichel

8 REPLIES 8
Amanda

Hello Doug

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. We would first like to thank you for trying to work with us in resolving your concerns. We will attempt to locate your account by your name provided and see if your sales call is available to review. If so, we will review it and return back to you with a response. If it is not available, we will let you know immediately what we can do for you. I appreciate your patience.

Thanks,
Amanda
Carole Zoeller

The site account number is:  DSS33898025  Doug Tomamichel  177 N Gilbert St, Clinton, IN  47842
Amanda

Hi Doug

Thank you for that information. We're going to request two calls - first the sales call and second the call where you cancelled service. The second call is because the agent notes do not match your concerns, so we'd like to be absolutely sure of what was said on that call. Do you recall the name of the supervisor you spoke to, or do you have your own copy of the call to refer to? 

Thank you
Amanda
Carole Zoeller

Dear Amanda,
Any status on the above?  I am getting ready to contact my Bank to advise them that this was a fraudulent charge.  I certainly don't want to have to do that, so if you could please get this resolved and my $400 credited back to my atm/credit card it would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Amanda

Hi 
We're still waiting on your sales call review, however the cancellation call seems to be different.. It was indicated on the call that we could charge the $400 early termination fee and you (Doug) would pay whatever you wanted. 

I will send a request for a followup on the sales call to see if it is complete and just has not been sent yet.

Thanks
Amanda
Carole Zoeller

That is not what occurred. Seriously...your customer service person would tell us that "we could pay what we want." That make absolutely no sense at all. But if that is what you are saying they said - then we choose to pay zero. And then wny would you automatically TAKE it out of our account without our consent. Again, we are expecting you to credit us the $400 . Thank you
Amanda

Hi Doug,

Sorry, I may have worded that incorrectly. It was a quote from the call "you can charge me $400 and I'll pay whatever I want" - not from our agent. 

We unfortunately cannot return the $400 charge as it is a valid Early Termination Fee. The results of your sales call review are below:

- The customer states that they would be using streaming with the service, and the agent responds with the streaming disclosure, which states, “Video streaming and conferencing is possible with the HughesNet Gen4 service. You will be able to enjoy about 20 hours of standard definition movies a month with our most popular mid-tier plan, just be sure to set up your free status meter to monitor your monthly data allowance.”  
- The agent does not add any additional verbiage to the streaming disclosure and the customer does not question the streaming capabilities.  
- The agent read the pitch to the customer correctly, stating both the 10 GB of anytime data and 50 GB of bonus bytes from 2am-8am.
- The agent reads all final disclosures to the customer, including disclosures regarding the data allowance and streaming with the service.  The customer does not ask any questions about the final terms and conditions.

Thank you
Amanda
Carole Zoeller

Okay..so where all the other calls where my husband Doug asks Why he internet has been turned off because he has already used up all his usage...even tbough he was told iinitially it would be more than enough for pur needs. Let8 hear those calls please
Guess what I am NOT going to quit on this because we are right!!!