HughesNet Satellite SUCKS

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dyer54
New Poster

HughesNet Satellite SUCKS

I have had this Crappy satellite service for not even a month and have had nothing but aggravation and total regret ever getting this internet service!!!! I have called Tech Support numerous times complaining about not being able to even stream a video without it buffering or stopping completely. All I get is a mess of crap, with excuses up the butt why I can't stream or even use my roku on my tv. It's suppose to be 25MBPS, there is noo way at that speed I should be having an issue at all with videos or anything. I had DSL at 25mbps and never had any issue!!  I told them about the guy that came to set it up, all he had was an attitude and would not even climb a ladder to check the pre-existing dish ( which by the wave moves in the slightest wind), which I also told them! Plus I was charged for something he did and it was suppose to be free installation. Then I was recently told if I wanted somebody to come out and recheck their satellie dish, I would be charged for that!! When I signed up for this piss of crap internet service I made sure I informed them that we have 2 computers and are both on alot streaming videos etc, of course they said, you will not have any problems with that. Frigging Liars and cheats taken advantage of people that live in the country where internet service and speed is limited, and live on a small disability check each month. I have requested numerous times to speak to the manager of the Hughes net Satellie crap and keep getting the run around and more bull crap! Now lets talk about the crappy telephone service that comes with it, that sucks also!! We are an elderly couple and if we had to call 911, they would not be able to hear or understand what we are saying to even get us help!! Both our families are very upset with this HughesNet Satellite phone as its SO BAD!!, and its all we have to reach out for help if we needed it. If I could cancel this crap and not be slammed with an early disconnect fee, which I can't afford as I live on a small disablity check, I would in a heart beat. Better yet if I could turn back time, I never would have got it at all!!!! This is by far the WORST company and customer support I have ever dealt with!!!! I hate it, and will have NO ISSUE at all  in letting others know to stay away from this company and how bad it is, run as fast as you can far away from HughesNet Satellite!!!

4 REPLIES 4
MartinB
Freshman

yes, it does suck. The company has a virtual monopoly in many areas in this country, so they do what they want with no accountability to anyone.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

If they have a monopoly, it's because no one else gives a fig about bringing internet to rural areas.   No one's keeping Comcast out; they just don't care because there aren't enough customers for them to give a rat's behind about coming in. So Hughesnet brings internet that's much better than what you could get if they weren't around. But given that you're lucky enough to live in a free country, you can always go with the other options you may have in your area, bad as they likely are, or you can go without internet, or you can move to a place that has cable.   No one's forcing you to have a service you don't like.

yes, it does suck. The company has a virtual monopoly in many areas in this country, so they do what they want with no accountability to anyone.

Frisbeeman43

I agree. The internet is slow at best. The description of their services is a laugh. My family could use up 10 GB in 2 days of streaming. Plus, you have to pay out the **bleep** for this service. I wish I could get my Bellsouth DSL back.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

This is a tech support site, so if your family's using up that much data, you may want to use the site for what it was intended and perhaps get some help figuring out what you or your family can do to use the data allowance better. Satellite is a different technology from cable internet, and it is metered, so you and your family may need to be more frugal with your use.

(I'm a customer, not an employee).

"I agree. The internet is slow at best. The description of their services is a laugh. My family could use up 10 GB in 2 days of streaming."