Hughesnet Community

HughesNet overcharging me on every bill for phone service I never ordered.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartinB
Freshman

HughesNet overcharging me on every bill for phone service I never ordered.

I signed up for Hughesnet internet $79.99 a month plan. When I did, the salesman tried to sell me service insurence and phone service, but I declined, telling him I only wanted the 79.99 plan.

When I got my fist bill, (after I paid for the equipment) it was 124.69. After spending 25 minutes on the phone to try to get it straightened out, they finally deducted the extra charges off my bill. The following month there was an additional $250 on the bill, suposedly for an early cancelation fee for the phone service I never ordered.

I spent another 40 minutes on the phone today trying to get that straightened out, only to come home and find the charge still on my bill. Customer support sucks. I was constantly put on hold, and they resoved nothing. Probably the next step should be legal council.

5 REPLIES 5
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MartinB

The corporate reps that monitor this site will help you.  They're on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, barring holidays.  

Really? When?

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MartinB wrote:

Really? When?

It can take them up to 48 hours (possibly a litlte longer if they're very busy) to reply.  They were off yesterday (Tuesday) due to the holiday.  Hopefully they'll reply by the end of tomorrow (Thursday).  

Liz

Hi MartinB,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! We can certainly help address your concerns. I've located your account and can look into this for you. Once I have an update for you I'll post back.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi MartinB,

Thank you for your patience while your concerns were addressed. I do apologize for the inconvenience. I see in your account that we have credited your account accordingly for the HughesNet Voice charges, and that we have also credited your account back for the Voice cancellation fee. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page for I will send you a PM with a screenshot of your billing history showing the credit for the Voice ETF.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!