Hughesnet Community

Hughesnet/Suppliers do not work together at my expense

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewallen

Hughesnet/Suppliers do not work together at my expense

We signed up for Hughesnet because the supplying company told us that we could buy the equipment outright and not be locked into a contract.  Fiber Optic internet was going to be coming through our area and we wanted to be able to cancel Hughesnet when that happened without penalty.  When we tried to cancel they told us that we were in a 24 month contract.  This is not what we signed up for.  I re-called the supplier that we purchased through and they again reiterated that if you buy the equipment outright that you are not in a contract.  They told us that they would contact Hughesnet.  This issue is still not resolved as Hughesnet would not work with the supplier company.  There is a huge gap in communication if this company and its suppliers cannot work together.  I would not recommend working with Hughesnet.  It would have been cheaper for us to have leased the equipment and paid the cancellation fee rather than to have bought the equipment outright and then still have to pay the cancellation fee.  Currently the supplier company owner is doing what he can to work with Hughesnet but still no resolution.  I am not impressed. 

19 REPLIES 19
jimmie_evlyn
Sophomore

Sad!!!!
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

It's ludicrous that the seller you went through would tell you this.  Hughesnet has NEVER offered a contract free deal as far as I know.   

I hope you can find some sort of resolution.  If you have it in writing, perhaps you could take the seller to small claims court.  

andrewallen

"official sales of Hughesnet".  I would assume Hughesnet should take responsibility for the people selling on their behalf.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Salesmen rank right up there with the stereotype of used car salesmen and carnival barkers with a tad of Gypsies thrown in for good measure.

Always get it straight from the Horses Mouth ....

Sales directly from Hughes are recorded, not all "dealers" are at the same level.

If you bought it directly from Hughes and that Hughes Employee mislead you or misrepresented the product or service... then you have recourse.

When you buy a "Swiss Watch" from somebody on the corner it is just as likely to be Swiss Cheese.

Amanda

Hey Andrew

This sounds really frustrating and we totally understand you feel like you're being tugged in many different directions. Let me send this over to our dealer/supplier team here in the corporate office to look into this. Please bear in mind that it is late in the Friday business day so we may not have any response until Monday or Tuesday. Rest assured we will find a way to work with you on this and won't leave you out in the cold.

Thank you,
Amanda
andrewallen

Thank you!  I appreciate you taking time to look into this for me!
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Sounds like maybe a new supplier/installation company that is not on top of the true policies and Subscriber Agreement.
Amanda

Hi Andrew

Just wanted to let you know I should be getting a response very soon, it is already in the right hands. I appreciate your patience in all of this

Thank you
Amanda
andrewallen

Any updates?  I am getting anxious as this my billing cycle is coming up.
Amanda

Andrew,

I had not heard anything yet, but I sent an e-mail to the team handling (VP of sales and regional managers) your case. If I don't receive an update before the end of the day I will call them myself. 

Thanks
Amanda
andrewallen

Can you put my account on "pause" until this is figured out so that I am not charged the next month's payment?
Amanda

Hi Andrew

Here is what I propose, let me know if you don't agree or have another idea we can work through... I can suspend your service for a week and if the investigating team has made no progress or reported to me, I will oblige on cancelling your account with no early termination fee and refund you a month's service fee. I'll put the suspension on today. Call us to 18663473292 over the weekend if you need to make any changes.  The case number for our discussion here is 102837186

Thanks
Amanda
andrewallen

Thank you!  I am in agreement with this.
andrewallen

Do we pay in advance or in arrears for the month?  My account was charged on Saturday.  If this is for the next month's worth of service, I was under the impression that this was what we suspended. Please help me understand.  Thanks!

Amanda

Hi Andrew

Let me double check - to my knowledge unused service would be turned into a credit on your account. I am still waiting on an update from the team looking into this. We'll give them a couple more days to respond and I'll get with you on a deal if they don't.

Thanks
Amanda
andrewallen

Any updates?  Thanks!
Amanda

Hi Andrew!

I actually did get an update a few hours ago. Sorry about that, trying to wrap up the week. I was going to write a very nice post explaining it all, but will sum it up. The response we received from the dealer did say this:

"The customer has also informed us as well that that was what the sales rep told them. We have noway to confirm that with the sales rep because they no longer work here. Remote Satellite as a company knows that even though they purchased the equipment there is still a 24 month commitment and have made sure our current reps understand that. I realize that we may have made a mistake but i would really like to get this customer taken care of if possible and get there cancellation fee waived. "

Rather than have you go through them, I am happy to cancel your service today with no early termination fee. I'll also be refunding a full months service back to your payment method on file. Shall I cancel you immediately today? I apologize for all the hassle and frustration, but I am glad that we got this cleared up.

Thanks
Amanda
andrewallen

Yes, please cancel effective immediately.  I appreciate the help on this!! Thank you!

Amanda

Good morning Andrew

Thank you for your patience. Since I have to process the refund first, I need to wait until tomorrow morning to process the cancellation. You will not be billed any longer and the funds should reach your bank in a few days (card ending in 9151)

Tomorrow I will post back and confirm I processed the cancellation. For your records, the case number which contains my notes and what I offered you is 102987107

Thanks again
Amanda