Hughesnet Community

I have a problem with performance

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tony Walker

I have a problem with performance

If u pay for something u should get it ,I don't feel we are getting what we are paying for
16 REPLIES 16
Mordacious

You're going to have to be a little more specific. Just what is it you feel you have paid for that you're not getting?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Care to expound? That sure isn't telling us anything we can try to help with.

Grrrrrr.......Mordacious posted while I typed......foiled again! Tony I think you get the point.
Tony Walker

I thought highs peed mentioned highspeeddidnt know it was same a 3 4g
Tony Walker

It buffers all the time no matter if fb on phone or netflix
Tony Walker

I called Hughes net to ck it and they want to charge me and said it was working fine .I have better service with my data on my phone and I'm in extended area with Verizon. That's why I got internet.not good at all
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

What plan do you have? Speeds are advertised as "up to" and not guaranteed to be at top speed 24/7. The highest "up to speed" is 15 Mbps depending on plan.
Mordacious

If your having trouble with buffering it is generally because you are trying to stream in HD and not SD. I stream all the time at SD with no problems

Speed are UPTO 10 MBPS run a speed test at testmy.net to see what your speeds are or use the Hughesnet site on your dashboard.

Curses BirdDog you beat me to it!
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

How long have you had service and are you over your allowance? Are the boxes green at top of the page here: http://192.168.0.1/  ?
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

First things first:

What modem do you have ? (HN9000 or HT1000/1100)

What plan level do you have ?

Check the modems SCC at 192.168.0.1 to see if you are in FAP or have an active error code.

Then once that info is known (it tells us how much "horsepower" you have) then we can look at streaming sources, streaming rates and speed tests.

Tony Walker

Ht1100 all green lights
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

What plan level ?

You can tell by listing your amount of Anytime/Bonus Bytes ?

Tony Walker

Un sure but pay 74.43 per month
Tony Walker

Starts at 89.99 per month
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Open your Modems SCC, the plan limits are displayed:

Question, If you are unsure of where to find your plan limits and remaining data how do you track and allocate your usage ?

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Also, run this speed test once just to see what you're getting and post result:  http://testmy.net/dl-12360&nfw=1

Like this if you know how to do screen snips otherwise just give us the number:

Question, If you are unsure of where to find your plan limits and remaining data how do you track and allocate your usage ?
Amen to that!
Chris11
Alum

Hello Tony,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing slow speeds with your service. I would like to address your concerns. Please post a recent case number or the serial number on the back/bottom of your modem. Once we have your account info we'll be able to run remote diagnostics on your site.

Also to better assist you please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. Just make sure to set 12 MB as the test size.

Speed test: www.testmy.net

Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.

Thank you,
Chris