I terminated my service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jrgarrett
Sophomore

I terminated my service.

After being a customer Almost  2 years, repeated calls to customer service.. & having to replace faulty equipment like radio and modems and then, Finally.. My satellite fell over in the yard... "Installed by one of your professionals!" I am being charged over 400 dollars. I am done. I once was a loyal customer.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I've escalated your case to see if there is tracking provided for the manually sent return kits.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Not sure why you would be charged $400 unless you are under contract, or attempting to purchase equipment...  Please remember if you leased your equipment, that you must return it in the return kit that will be sent out, or your account will face additional charges.

I told them I would return the items.. I could not get the cs rep to understand that if boxes or anything were to ship to me.. I would have to know when they are coming.. Because shippers tend to not be able to find my place very well and I would have to be out there waiting.. Also I do not feel I should be charged because the equipment failures were not my fault.. I tried sending messages to the official reps but so far no one has messaged me back.

Jerry

None of the reps ever got back to me.. Termination was the best option for that reason.. & Telling me the ETF was Justified on the phone.. When I tried to get help from the very Reps whom I used to talk to and they would fix the issue.. But the last time I needed help, I got ignored.. The so-called return boxes never came.. I am about ready dispose the equipment... I am now an Ex-HughesNet customer.    Never Again!

Jerry

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@jrgarrett -  ...I hope you realize that if you was a lease customer and didn't return your equipment that you will be charged unreturned equipment fees, and if Hughesnet can''t collect said fees, they will send your account to collections.

Also, in some areas, that can be considered destruction of private property as you do not own said equipment and knowingly destroyed it (sending it off in the trash) when it's supposed to be returned.

------------------------------

@chaquita16 - You agreed to the 2-year Subscriber Agreement, which stipulates that at any time you cancel service, even after the 2 years has been exhausted, that you will return the Hughesnet Modem, Power Brick, and the ODU (Radio on dish arm).  Hughesnet doesn't go changing prices, they offer promotions to make signup for service cheaper for a period of time, once that time period has expired, the price will go to the normal full price.  If you have issues with your bill, I suggest looking at it in an itemized fashion by clicking My Account > My Bill at the top.

No one ever got ahold of me! No Return kit sent and my problem was never resolved! Even after 3 dozen calls.. I am not going to hang on to useless equipment. I still have it.., If they want the equipment, They need to send me a return kit with a tracking number immediately! Mine or not, I will not hold on to it forever! .. But my point is! which no one seems to get is... I was ignored!  @Liz @Amanda 

This Page Was Intentionally Left Blank!

Why should we have to send it back to you all when it is you all that is screwing us on our bill every month? You all put the stuff in for us so it is you guys place to come and get the stuff.

With you all keep charging every one more and more money each month is the reason why everyone is leaving you all for better internet and cost less then what you all charge.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@chaquita16 wrote:

Why should we have to send it back to you all when it is you all that is screwing us on our bill every month? You all put the stuff in for us so it is you guys place to come and get the stuff.

You always have the option to not return the items and pay the fees for them.  

@chaquita16 wrote:

With you all keep charging every one more and more money each month is the reason why everyone is leaving you all for better internet and cost less then what you all charge.

HughesNet is growing, not shrinking. HughesNet provides internet service where there is no internet service, and it is both the most complicated, and most expensive, per capita, to provide.  Comparing it to a ground based service is like comparing a kiwi fruit, shipped overnight, to a watermelon grown in your back yard garden.  

BTW, my bill was the same, every month, for eleven years with my legacy plan, then was the same, every month, for 13 months with my Gen4 plan, and has been the same, every month, since upgrading to Gen5 in March of this year.  Ths is excluding the first month payment with adjusted prices after an upgrade, of course, and the first fifteen months of my legacy plan when I was paying off the equipment.  They don't charge more and more money each month.  

GabeU

@jrgarrett

Prior to this thread, your last service related post, aside of one regarding a popup that was answered, accepted and not continued, was a post dated 1/15/2017 that indicated all was well after the tech had replaced your equipment.  

Here's the question, and it is one of curiosity.  It's not meant to be condescending, and if it appears that way I apologize, but again, I am curious...

When you know that you can get results for an issue on this community, as has been shown and evidenced by your own words, why did you not come here first instead of calling, or at least post after you didn't have much luck with the phone reps?  You know that you would not have been ignored on here, and you know, or at least can see by reading other posts, that what is told to you on the phone may not necessarily be what you will be told on here.  That's no guarantee that it would have been different, but wouldn't it have at least been worth the effort to find out?  

Also, when you say you sent messages to the official reps, are you speaking of the reps on here?  If so, the procedure is first posting in this Community, and if needs be, the reps will get involved.  PMing the reps without first posting of the issue may be why you did not get a reply, again, if it is the reps on here that you are referring to.   

I hope you have luck with whatever ISP you have, or you will have, but I really wish you would have posted here before making the decision to terminate your service, as you may have, and I say MAY have, had a better result.  May, of course, again, because nothing is guaranteed.  

I tried sending messages to the Official reps.. They never were returned.. I called customer service, My connectivity issues were cause by the dish coming out of the ground.   They replaced the radio and modem.. but that only fixed the problem for a short period of time... Shortly after We had lots of rain and tornados And such! well the satellite pole and the concrete fell over...

@GabeU  I sent messages to Amanda and Liz... Those are who help me before.. but they never answered me so, I called Customer Support.. Didn't get any help either way... Also! I am still waiting on a return kit.

GabeU

@jrgarrett wrote:

@GabeU  I sent messages to Amanda and Liz... Those are who help me before.. but they never answered me so, I called Customer Support.. Didn't get any help either way... Also! I am still waiting on a return kit.

While I know that they helped you before, I think you may have had a better result with one, or both of them, had you posted in the Community instead of trying to PM them directly.  Of course, it's past that time now, so it's moot point, but I think it's possible.  Whatever the case, it's too bad that it ended up this way.   

Hopefully your return kit will get there soon.  It may be that it wasn't sent, or hasn't yet been sent, until the last day of your service, and that may have been after you actually cancelled it due to the way they bill for the current month rather than the previous month.  It's just a possibility, though I don't know that this is the case with your kit.  Either way, I hope you get it soon.  

Good morning jrgarrett,

Thank you for posting, I've pulled up your account and started investigating why I'm not seeing any record of a lease return kit being shipped. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

In the meantime, while we investigate the cause for the lease return kit to not be shipped, I've created a new RMA for your kit. Once it gets processed and I get a tracking number, I'll let you know.

Thanks!

Hi jrgarrett,

The RMA was created but it did not provide a tracking number, probably since I had to do this manually. Please let me know if it takes longer than 10 business days for the return kit to get to you.

I will need to know when it is coming.. if someone is not out there waiting.. The carriers will drive right by without stopping.

Jerry

I've escalated your case to see if there is tracking provided for the manually sent return kits.

You may close this thread now.. I have a tracking number. Thanks Liz!

Jerry

Wonderful, thanks for the update jrgarrett.