I've called to cancel twice...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Outdoorjohn
Freshman

I've called to cancel twice...

How do I get it done? Speeds are nowhere near useable and the tech gurus haven't been any help.

I can't afford too many more afternoons off work to do all this 'troubleshooting'.

First call ref # 107394735

Second call ref # 107594654

Help??

6 REPLIES 6
Liz

Good morning,

Thanks for posting. Are you calling us at 866.347.3292 to cancel? Calling us is the way to cancel your service. Our agents are trained to retain you, as any other contract service, but you can always decline any offers if you want to cancel your service. Please be sure to stay on the line until you are confirming the service cancellation with a rep from account management.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

You won't be able to cancel. I tried to cancel mine and after 30-45 mins of trying he said he'd just suspend my service for a year so I could take care of things. Well 6 months later I got charged by them no notice nothing. I called and they told me if I still cancel I'm out of almost $80 or sign another contract. Needless to say I'm very unhappy and the service I had didn't work half the time to begin with.

Three times now, no charm. Luckily, I was smart enough to keep my old slow but reliable isp while trying out this Hughes experiment.

I just want out.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Outdoorjohn

It might be beneficial for you to start a new post in the Tech Support section to see what can be done about addressing the speed issue.  The troubleshooting requested of you in this community is something you can do when you have time.   

Good morning Outdoorjohn,

I see in your latest attempts that you accepted the offer to troubleshoot with our Home Tech Support service, but then dropped off during the transfer. Then in your third attempt, our agents tried to reconnect you to HTS to continue troubleshooting. However, since you weren't home, the notes indicate that you said you'd call back later to troubleshoot.

If you want to cancel, I would suggest declining any offers our agents make to try to retain you (that's their job) until you are discussing and confirming service termination.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Really want the service canceled?  Send a certified letter stating your wish to cancel (or if your state laws allow, record your telephone conversation that includes your request to cancel)and then contact your financial institution to block all future charges. You may still be on the hook for cancellation charges if you are still under contract, but you will have full control over any money that is payed out.  Nothing makes a company more willing to talk than not having access to your money.