Hughesnet Community

I was charged TWICE for my new HughesNet service!!!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tchat
New Poster

I was charged TWICE for my new HughesNet service!!!!

I was charged twice. I gave the salesman one of my credit cards to purchase the service and he said that the transaction was declined., so I gave him other credit card information and he said that one went through. After the call I got on my online banking to see why my first card was declined and it showed that it was actually charged $49.99 and the descriotion reads " 

11/21/17SATELLITE INTERNET ACT 855-258-1061 UT
#2469216A52Y02VSKJ

$49.99

And the second card reads "

11/22/17PURCHASE AUTHORIZED ON 11/21 HNS*HughesNet.com 866-347-3292 MD S307324640784631 CARD 1898 $64.98

When I call customer service they say they cannot help me because they are only showing a charge of the $64.98

THIS IS ABSOLUTELY CRIMINAL THIS IS FRAUD AND I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Refernce # 107730242

4 REPLIES 4
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@tchat

Did you call Hughesnet to place your order for service, or did someone call you...?  The phone number listed on that first charge doesn't appear to be from Hughesnet at all, but from another entity...

Hi tchat,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. I pulled up your account and the only payment from you that we have is that initial $64 charge, which is correct, and covers your lease and service plan fees minus taxes and such for your first month of service. As C0RR0SIVE said, that other $49 charge doesn't appear to be from us. 

Edit: As Mark below suggested, I'd dispute the charge from "SATELLITE INTERNET ACT" with your financial institution and not bother calling the number listed, as it seems fishy.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

I'd be carefull with calling that telephone number. Doesn't seem legit:
https://800notes.com/Phone.aspx/1-855-258-1061

Call your credit card company instead and dispute it.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Good call, Mark. I'll edit my reply.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!