I was promised a $100 rebate from my sales Rep

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
charliefe
New Poster

I was promised a $100 rebate from my sales Rep

I was promised by my sales rep I was going to get a $100 rebate. I filled out the form and I just received a letter from the customer affairs dept  stating the following

Unfortunately we are unable to honor your request as our records indicate that you did not order and upgrade to a new purchased Hughesnet Gen4 system directly from Hughes.

I have a Gen4 system and the sales rep told me when i ordered it I would receive this rebate.
12 REPLIES 12
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Sales rep from where? Sounds like to get that rebate you must order direct from HughesNet.
charliefe
New Poster

yes I ordered direct from Hughesnet
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Post a case number and one of the official reps will be back here on Tuesday. 
charliefe
New Poster

where do i get the case number?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Any time you call in you should get a case number. If no case number then post the serial number from back of modem.
debbie.jean.bro
Advanced Tutor

Hey Charlie,

You might still get it. When I signed up in June, the sales rep told me I didn't qualify for the $100 Visa gift card because my credit score was "so low." I asked her in what universe a 710 credit score is "so low," and she said that's what her screen was telling her. I got a letter from HughesNet saying the same thing.

Then, about a month later, out of the blue, my $100 Visa rebate gift card arrived in the mail! LMAO! 🙂

So, who knows? Maybe your rebate is in the mail. But, just to make sure, do as BirdDog has suggested and post your serial number. That way, when the official reps are back Tuesday morning they can resolve this for you. 🙂
Kevin Jones

Shouldn't have to do anything!!! Hughesnet misrepresents and over charges for their service. Complete misinterpretation of their service.
debbie.jean.bro
Advanced Tutor

Hi Charlie,

Perhaps you're right and shouldn't HAVE to post your serial number . But, for better or for worse, the world doesn't work that way. I do a lot of things I shouldn't have to and a lot of things I don't want to do, like paying my electricity bill, haha! 🙂

HOWEVER, if you want your $100, there is a process. It doesn't matter whether it should or shouldn't be this way, it is what it is. You have come to the right place. The official reps here have way more power than the phone people.

What they will probably do is review your sales call (it was recorded). If indeed you were promised the $100, they have the power to get it for you. They are awesome people who really care and really want to help you! 🙂

In order for them to review your call and get your $100, they have to be able to find it. The way they do that is by your case number or the serial number. The serial number is right on your modem. It will take you less than 5 minutes to do this and it will be the difference between getting or not getting your $100 or not.

We WANT to help you! 🙂

EDITED TO ADD: Whoops! I see now that you weren't the one who posted about not having to do anything! MY APOLOGIES!! Nevertheless, I hope you will follow the process. 🙂
Liz

Good morning Charlie,

Thank you for posting, I've already pulled up your account to start investigating. I see that the only rebate available at your time of order was applicable to purchase orders, so that's why the request was denied, since you're a lease subscriber.

I will request your sales call to be reviewed to confirm that the sales rep promised this rebate. If the rep erred, I can credit you the $100 to your account.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi Charlie,

Looks like you filled out a different rebate form. This is the correct form: http://rebate.hughesnet.com//HughesNet%20Residential%20Rebate%20Document%20Library/HughesNet_Rebate_...

Regardless, I will credit your account $100, no more action needed on your end. If you have additional concerns, please let me know.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

charliefe
New Poster

Thank you Liz.
Liz

You're very welcome, Charlie. Feel free to post back in the community if you have additional concerns.

Thanks,
Liz