Invalid OpenID or Credentials.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Argus
New Poster

Invalid OpenID or Credentials.

After looking at other messages, I can see that this subject has been an on-going problem for a LONG time,

maybe you need to get a programer who knows what they are doing.

I would think by now there would be a way around this.

thanks for looking at my message

13 REPLIES 13
Amanda

Hi Argus,

I am looking into this for you now and will reply as soon as I have an update.

Edit - can you tell me when you started receiving the OpenID error messages? 

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda

Argus, this should be fixed, go ahead and give it a look now. I am pressing for the team to investigate the audit log to see how this occurred, and have been for a few weeks now. They certainly must be tired of me, but I agree we need to close the door on this issue.

~Amanda

it was fixed for one login. tried to delete an old e-mail, got error, then it came back with same problem. Invalid OpenID or Credentials

loged out and then back in to start a new session, now I get same message.

Invalid OpenID or Credentials  

Hi Argus,

When you first started getting the OpenID errors, did it also happen after you tried deleting an e-mail address? 

~Amanda

Hi Amanda

I don't remember what I was doing the last time, as its been a few weeks.
I got the first openid error the day before I reported it.
Wish I could say for sure what I was doing, as it would help pin it down.

Argus 

Amanda

I was able to logon ok tonight. the old email account did get deleted. and I was able to create a new one without any errors.

so for me, we can close this. but others may still encounter this error.

thanks for your help.

argus

Argus,

Sure thing. I did let the IT team know about the issue coming back when you tried to delete an e-mail, so they are using that as an investigation point. Generally the only cases of this error we get are here in the community so I will keep your thread open for a week or so if something happens again.

Thank you,

Amanda

Argus,

I would like to genuinely thank you again for coming to us with your OpenID error issue. Because of your comment about deleting an e-mail address, our support team dug deep and discovered the root cause. A fix is being worked on right now. You can't see me, but I'm jumping for joy. Woman Very Happy

~Amanda

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to bump this topic since we've had a case come up recently. A patch is coming to our website very soon which will address this issue once and for all. My fingers are crossed that it is retroactive and those who currently have this issue but may not be in our community will see the errors disappear as well.

In the meantime, as usual, if you are currently experiencing this issue please send me a private message with the e-mail address(es) affected.

Thank you,

Amanda

boeters1
New Poster

I had a similar issue and I contacted chat support. It was suggested that I register a new account which I did not really want to do but I did it anyway. If I sign in using that new account name I am able to get my account information but then have to login again using my preferred account name in order to get my emails. I still get the Invalid OpenID or Credentials message when trying to access my account information using my preferred account name.

Hi boeters1,

Please send me a private message with the e-mail address that is still showing the errors and we will have it fixed.

Thank you

Amanda

MadAsHeck
Freshman

We have the same problem EVERY month. We spend a frustrating hour with someone I can rarely understand doing the same thing as we did LAST month. Last month the tech got mad at me because my laptop was slow...I replied yes, it is Hughes net!.. I have no control over the level of service from HughesNet! There is no reason for a long-time legacy customer to be treated like that, month after month. 

Hi MadAsHeck,

If you are still having issues with your login please send me a private message with the account e-mail. I will also take this time to have your call with our agent last month reviewed and do apologize that you were not given the help you deserve.

~Amanda