Hughesnet Community

Microsoft to release new security updates.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Microsoft to release new security updates.

US Department of Homeland Security US-CERT

National Cyber Awareness System:

Microsoft Releases Security Updates
10/11/2016 04:37 PM EDT

Original release date: October 11, 2016

Microsoft has released 10 updates to address vulnerabilities in Microsoft software. Exploitation of some of these vulnerabilities could allow a remote attacker to take control of an affected system.

Users and administrators are encouraged to review Microsoft Security Bulletins MS16-118 through MS16-127 and apply the necessary updates.

6 REPLIES 6
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Thanks Gwalk! Ran a check for updates and there are the ones applicable to my system. A check this morning didn't have any results. Going to download/install now.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

"Ironic that I see a Homeland Security logo there"

I subscribe to US CERT. They send out email bulletins:

Some can be quite detailed:

https://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/bulletins/SB16-284

Amanda

Hopefully this resolves some issues of our customers not being able to access DoD sites. Some DoD sites for retrieving paperwork are/were encrypted with really old certs and some people just could not get there no matter what!

Amanda
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I used to be able to connect to my work via VDI (last time was only a few weeks ago). After one of the latest Windows updates, I can't, and it has something to do with certs as well.  I hope a future windows update will restore that ability.
Ricky
Tutor

Yeah, thanks for the reminder Gwalk. I had 7 updates to get. Downloading them now.