My bill just went up??

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarlaB
New Poster

My bill just went up??

My bill has been exactly $72.03 a month, every month, after the first month; when I paid $180 to pay for set up & installation fees.  I use auto bill pay, so it comes out every month, on the same day.  Same day, same amount.  Then this month, with NO NOTICE, my bill went UP $15! It was $87.03!  Can anyone tell me WHY?  I'm NEVER LATE!  I've NEVER missed a payment.  I NEVER buy those worthless "tokens."  NOTHING CHANGED!  Except for my bill went UP $15 exactly! ??? 

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You may have had a discount applied and it may have ended. In any case, one of the HughesNet agents on the site can check your account and tell you why the bill is higher.  You can also call customer service, 24/7. 

That's the only thing it could be.  But what irritates me, is I specifically asked, "Will my bill ever go up, for any reason."  I was told, only if I bought tokens, upgraded my service, or had late charges... 

I have done none of these.  So it must be what you said.  You would think, knowing I have my bill automatically taken out of my account each month, I would've received a notice, reminding me of the change! 
I get a notice every month that my bill will be coming out on the 14th.  But it never says how much, UNTIL IT COMES OUT! 
I was so paranoid, I checked my account every single month, to make SURE the correct amount was coming out. 
I guess I'm NOT paranoid after all! 
I sent an email to customer support.  

I'm hoping someone reaches out to me soon. 
It's not right to do that, & not at least give you notice.  I know it's only $15.  But I'm a retired teacher.  My husband was a police officer & he passed away.  So I'm on a FIXED income, with my youngest a senior in college.  I have to watch every penny. 
I trusted Hughes Net when they told me my bill would always be $72.03, & would not all of a sudden, just go up. 

maratsade

I sympathise completely, Carla. 

Have you checked under MyAccount --> My Bill?  I wonder if there might be some information for you there. 

Regardless, I hope Remy is able to figure out what's going on and that whatever resolution is offered will be satisfactory to you.   Remy will be able to start working on this as soon as he gets the information he requested. 

@CarlaB wrote:

That's the only thing it could be.  But what irritates me, is I specifically asked, "Will my bill ever go up, for any reason."  I was told, only if I bought tokens, upgraded my service, or had late charges... 

I have done none of these.  So it must be what you said.  You would think, knowing I have my bill automatically taken out of my account each month, I would've received a notice, reminding me of the change! 
I get a notice every month that my bill will be coming out on the 14th.  But it never says how much, UNTIL IT COMES OUT! 
I was so paranoid, I checked my account every single month, to make SURE the correct amount was coming out. 
I guess I'm NOT paranoid after all! 
I sent an email to customer support.  

I'm hoping someone reaches out to me soon. 
It's not right to do that, & not at least give you notice.  I know it's only $15.  But I'm a retired teacher.  My husband was a police officer & he passed away.  So I'm on a FIXED income, with my youngest a senior in college.  I have to watch every penny. 
I trusted Hughes Net when they told me my bill would always be $72.03, & would not all of a sudden, just go up. 

CarlaB,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Remy

Remy

CarlaB,

Thank you for reaching out! I see it's your first post. Welcome to the Community! As maratsade stated, it's very likely that you had a discount that expired, as there are often promotional discounts for signing up! I can check into this to make sure, but I wasn't able to find an account tied to your Community profile. Please send a private message to this link with your account number or a phone number attached to your account, it'll help us take a look into this!

Thanks,

Remy

GabeU

@CarlaB 

If you've had your service for 12 or 24 months, or it's been that long since an upgrade that set it at the $72.03 price, it's very likely what maratsade mentioned, as in the end of a discount.  Even further, if you've ever been given a discount due to an issue you experienced, it could be the cessation of that type as well.  

A price of $87.03 very much sounds like a plan price of $69.99, the lease fee of $14.99 ($84.98 total), and then a bit in state/local taxes.  The 20GB plan, perhaps.