Needing to reach customer service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stoke
Freshman

Needing to reach customer service

I've been trying to reach customer service for several days to cancel my service.  I've not gotten a response to any emails, phone lines have been busy everytime I've tried calling and after multiple times trying the online chat I finally reached someone today after an hour wait and when they asked if they could ask a few questions to assist me better I replied Yes and they never responded back.  My billing has already hit me for this month since I wasn't able to cancel it ahead of time.  I really just need someone to respond to me.  I've been a loyal customer and always made payments on time.  I understand these are hectic times, but I still need assistance as long as I am still being billed.  Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning stoke,

Thank you for your patience while this was an investigated. Something along the e-mail communications path was misdirected, which led to your e-mail stating the $400 ETF. You will be charged the correct $160 ETF. I'm sorry for the alarm and confusion, thank you very much for bringing this to our attention so that we can fix this.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You can only cancel via the customer service phone line (not sure if chat can do it); may want to try after midnight or in the wee hours.  But hang around and wait for a rep here to get back to you. 

stoke wrote:

I've been trying to reach customer service for several days to cancel my service.  I've not gotten a response to any emails, phone lines have been busy everytime I've tried calling and after multiple times trying the online chat I finally reached someone today after an hour wait and when they asked if they could ask a few questions to assist me better I replied Yes and they never responded back.  My billing has already hit me for this month since I wasn't able to cancel it ahead of time.  I really just need someone to respond to me.  I've been a loyal customer and always made payments on time.  I understand these are hectic times, but I still need assistance as long as I am still being billed.  Many thanks

Liz

Hello stoke,

I appreciate you reaching out, I understand it's difficult getting through to a phone rep right now. I'm not sure what happened on your last call, I'm sorry that happened, as that's not normal. Maratsade's suggestion would be good to try, perhaps you'll get through again when there may be less folks trying to call in.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thanks Liz. I was finally able to reach a representative to cancel my service.  We set everything up for cancellation and for me to be billed $160 for my early termination fee on April 11.  I received a confirmation email from HughesNet after the phone call confirming everything but it said that I would be billed $400.  I can't reach a representative again to clear this up.  Could someone point me in the right direction?  Thanks!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@stoke 

How long have you had your service?  If it's been around 19 months or so, $160 sounds about right.  

Liz should be back on tomorrow to take a look and clarify what's going on.  Or, you can try calling back, though it may take a while to get through, as you've already experienced, unfortunately.

Hi stoke,

Glad to hear you got through. I'm looking at your case note and the rep did note the $160 ETF and it definitely should not be $400. I'd like to look into the e-mail confirmation that was sent to you that says this. Please screencap just the first paragraph (no need to include your name or SAN, just the paragaph) and post here and I'll have our e-mail folks look at this.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks Liz.  I just sent you a private message with a screenshot of the email.  I would also like to note for whoever reads this thread that although I don't know the customer representative's name that helped me on the phone when I finally got through, I would like to say that she was extremely nice and helpful.  I feel like people probably only here negative comments with customer service, but this individual was excellent to work with. 

Good morning stoke,

I got your PM, thank you! Thank you also for taking the time to show appreciation for the rep who helped you on the phone. 🙂

I'll dig into your concern more and I'll post back once I have an update for you.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Good morning stoke,

Thank you for your patience while this was an investigated. Something along the e-mail communications path was misdirected, which led to your e-mail stating the $400 ETF. You will be charged the correct $160 ETF. I'm sorry for the alarm and confusion, thank you very much for bringing this to our attention so that we can fix this.

-Liz