Hughesnet Community

Computer Identifies me and tells me 20 minutes to talk to a disconnect tech,then hangs up?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
steve77265
New Poster

Computer Identifies me and tells me 20 minutes to talk to a disconnect tech,then hangs up?

I have called at least 10 times about my disconnect and no return box yet and it is trying to still bill me for monthly service. I have not used the service (if you can call it that) for over a month, yes the tech has been out and did some work, but no better. I did talk with one disconnect tech? He said he talked with his super and will wave the $400 due to poor service and I am an ole (70yr) on a fixed income! All I am trying to do is get the equipment back and close this deal, I realize this is a tough time for all, but if I could just get someone to tell me in an email that it will happen as I was told, I will wait as long as it takes no problem!

P.S. Do you want me to try to get the radio (their term) L.N.B.  from my roof? I used the service for about 3-4 weeks

Spoiler

Steve 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Steve,

You're welcome!

In February when you initially called to cancel, that call got disconnected so the cancellation request was not completed; it was completed on your March call. 

Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Liz

Hi Steve,

Glad you found the community, I can certainly look into this for you. I think I found your account, but I'd like to make sure. Does your account number end in 513?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Hi Liz, yes it is 513?

Good morning Steve,

Thank you for the confirmation. Your account will terminate at the end of your billing cycle on April 4. THEN the return kit will be mailed to you so you can return your equipment. So once April 4 hits, it may take 3-5 business days for the return kit to arrive, as indicated on your cancellation call. 

I hope this clears things up for you!

Thanks,

Liz

Thank you Liz, That does clear it up. Does this mean I have to pay for the service till then as well? (even though I have not used it and was told a month ago this was done? I assume you can verify when I unplugged it)

Hi Steve,

You're welcome!

In February when you initially called to cancel, that call got disconnected so the cancellation request was not completed; it was completed on your March call. 

Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

Thanks,

Liz

Thank you very much for your efforts, It really helps an ole fart on a fixed income

You're very welcome, Steve, glad I could help. 🙂

-Liz