Never got confirmation email after cancelling

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bigj5000
New Poster

Never got confirmation email after cancelling

I got this service and decided to cancel a day or two later, I never received a conformation email, and when I signed up I was told if I cancelled I’d receive a full refund but when I cancelled my service they said no refund.
6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Did they install the service? (Dish, modem...?)

The 24-month commitment starts the second your account is active, which means that if you cancel, you will be charged an early termination fee. 

Read section 1.3:  https://legal.hughes.com/SubAgree-03-16-17.cfm

Bigj5000 wrote:
I got this service and decided to cancel a day or two later, I never received a conformation email, and when I signed up I was told if I cancelled I’d receive a full refund but when I cancelled my service they said no refund.

GabeU

@Bigj5000 

Though with having cancelled this may no longer be the case, your sales call may still be available for review.  This is ONLY if the sale was with HughesNet themselves (not a reseller like Dish or a local outfit), and it's been no more than three months.  Also, it's only the call in which the sale was actually completed that they can review.  Again, though, under the circumstances it may not be available.    

@Liz @Remy @Damian

Liz

Good morning Bigj5000,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! If you would like me to look into this for you, please private message me your SAN (account number) or associated phone number.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning Bigj5000,

I haven't heard back since I replied to your PM, so I'll go ahead and close this thread. If you have other concerns, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Dougherty66
Freshman

I actually canceled service before they even did an install. I came home one day and they were waiting for me to install. I allowed them to install the dish and had absolutely no idea what I actually signed up for. Now I can’t cancel. Service is terrible, I get poor to fair reception. Pixelation’s and buffering. This is consumer fraud when they tell you you can cancel but they still proceed.
GabeU

@Dougherty66 

Please refrain from piggybacking on others' topics with your complaints and stick with your own.  Piggybacking on another person's topic only results in confusion and possible problems with their attempt to get help.