New acct issues

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tam-082019
New Poster

New acct issues

I called on 08/15 and spoke to a rep about getting service. Was told the basic plan would work for us. We use internet to watch Netflix, check emails, facebook, online games and pay bills. Rep said would have no issues, besides a 1 to 2 second delay in gaming. Service can be out if weather is bad. When tech comes out they will hook up system to 2 pieces of equipment. Was also told could keep my email from other company, HughesNet would just take over. So we agreed to service and was hooked up next day between 8 and 11. Tech showed up at 10:50, seemed in a big hurry to get the job done. Once HughesNet equipment was all hooked up he asked for a signature. I made comment about hooking up 2 items to internet, like the Xbox (we use for Netflix) and testing system to make sure we had service. He grabbed a cord and plugged into Xbox and modem and said "best way to hook up is by cords, passwords are on back of modem", then wanted signature again. I signed and after he left I hooked up other stuff to WIFI. Everything seemed to work. Then I tried to get my email. This did not work since had been shut off by other company, was not taken over by HughesNet like I was told. I had to call other company and was told could keep email for a monthly charge, which I did because I had multiple emails in it that I needed. Also kids cannot play games online because of longer delay in signal then told. We have had system 3 days and have used about half our data because we where using just like we did with our other company as discussed with Rep on how we used internet. This system is not working to how I feel it was represented in phone call and now I am stuck in a 24 month contract or having to pay 400.00 fee to cancel. Pull call to review discussion. Are there any other options?

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The mods on this site should be able to review your sales call, and if proper expectations were not set by the agent, you may have recourse regarding the $400 fee.   This review is not often immediate -- sometimes it takes a few days.

GabeU

@Tam-082019 wrote:

We have had system 3 days and have used about half our data because we where using just like we did with our other company as discussed with Rep on how we used internet.  

This part is strange, as the data should be refilling on a regular basis during your first 20 days of service.  I'm not sure of the frequency of the refills, though.  Perhaps the reps should look into this, as well, though it's possible that the policy has changed and they don't do this anymore.

Damian

Hello @Tam-082019

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We can certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll private message you once I get the results. Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

-Damian 

Damian

I am wondering if you reviewed sales call yet and have come up with my options.

GabeU

@Tam-082019 

The sales call reviews can often take up to a week.  Damian may or may not be on this evening (he sometimes is (he doesn't appear to be online at the moment, though)), but if not, it's likely that you won't hear anything until at least Monday, as once the reps are off for the day on Friday they don't normally return until Monday.  He'll send you a Private Message regarding the results of the review, though he may also let you know when he sends the PM via a reply here.

@Tam-082019,,

I appreciate your patience while waiting for this call to be investigated. I have finished investigating this and have private messaged you the results. Please refer there for more information. 

-Damian