New satellite

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rmvelin
Freshman

New satellite

When a technician was out to my house for service last summer, he told me that HughesNet would be launching a new satellite for my area soon and that I should see if I can change over to it some time in February.  Can anyone help me with this?  
10 REPLIES 10
Amanda

Hi rmvelin,

We're not too sure what that technician meant, but nothing changed this February. Do you already have our HughesNet Gen4 service?

Thanks
Amanda
rmvelin
Freshman

I'm not sure; how could I find that out?  I've only been with HughesNet since last summer, so I probably have the latest service.

I'm in Montana, and he told me that a new satellite would be launched soon that would service my area, and that it would probably be ready around February.  Not so?
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

You're on the older SpaceWay system. The satellite your technician was referring to would be Jupiter 19, scheduled to launch in mid/late Q4 of 2016, with coverage in your area.
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

You should have a white HughesNet modem.
Amanda

Hi rmvelin,

I checked your account and see you are on our Spaceway system with a Gen4 plan (Connect 5GB). We currently offer two plans on that system with monthly data allowances (5 and 10 GB). Unfortunately, what the tech mentioned is untrue and he might be mistaken with something else. I apologize for any confusion!

Amanda
rmvelin
Freshman

So then would it benefit me to ask this question again at the end of the year?  The technician implied that I might have better service if I switched to the new satellite.  Ours can get really slow during busy times of the day.
rmvelin
Freshman

Thanks for your help Amanda!
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Yes, it should be better. Especially as a new satellite coming online, it will have quite a bit of capacity.
rmvelin
Freshman

Is this new satellite online yet?  Service continues to be extremely slow during evening hours when I am attempting to get work done.  I often give up on using my PC and accomplish whatever I can on my cell phone data plan.  I'm going to have to try to find a different service provider if I don't see some improvement by the time my contract is up.
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

The satellite was launched successfully a few days ago. It should come online and be available for service towards the end of March 2017.