Hughesnet Community

No Internet for a Week - Acceptable Service?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cfuller11
New Poster

No Internet for a Week - Acceptable Service?

HughesNet - Can you please explain to me how leaving a customer who has to work from home and who is an online student, without internet for a week is accectable service? Regardless of the customer's situation, this isn't acceptable customer service.  This should open up the doors for a customer to cancel without having to pay the ridiclous cancellation fee. 

4 REPLIES 4
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

@cfuller11

Care to elaborate what has happened?  How are you not getting service?  Have you called technical support if there is an issue to begin any troubleshooting?  If so, what troubleshooting have you performed so far.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Yes, would be curious what you are really saying. So you've reported total loss of Internet and still no response or remedy? Did you call customer service?

Yes - have called technical support and spent way too much time trying to get the internet to connect.  They have to send out a technican.  As mentioned, this can't happen for a week leaving me without internet for a week which simply does not work for my committments.  

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Sorry that you feel that way, Hughesnet does offer express repair services for a monthly fee should you need someone to come out and repair your equipment.  Not much else can be done if a technician is scheduled to go out and check your service out, they have other customers ahead of you they either have to install or repair.

I am sure Amanda or Liz wouldn't mind offering to discount your service for the duration it has been out, but, you won't be able to get out of contract over service being out for a week.