No one Listen or cares

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markpool1
Freshman

No one Listen or cares

I had Hughesnet installed in November 2017. Dish recommended.From Day 1 I have had problems. No service, slow service, loss of data, reset and half was gone in 5-6 hours. Numerous calls , E-mails, chats trying to address the problem.For a long time I could not get through on phone because system did not recognize my number and would hang up on me. 
My answers to my E-mails were always the same form letter of things do to.  
Finally able to get through on phone, many tests have been done over and over and over again. Same answer your speeds are good, clear trees out of way. PLEASE hear me, there are no trees in my yard.
 Videos will not play, u tube will not play, so many waiting on etc etc or trying to connect, very frustrating. White pages all the time.No help from anyone. No service over half the time and all I am told is clear trees out of the yard..my invisible trees are doing this to my internet. The last straw came with last phone call, I was told your computer is bad, it is not the internet.
My computer is just fine, works well when it had something to work with. We were forced to go with another provider that actually works as it should with no downtime and no problems with computer.
Problem now, I called, chatted and E-mailed for service to be cancelled.Materials sent to return equipment. Customer service refuses to do this.Since I can not talk on phone I can not cancel, throat cancer takes some things away from you. They were fine with my wife ordering serving, paying for it, no problem but they are not fine with her voice for cancellation. She is my voice. Signed letter sent in. No response. I WANT MY SERVICE CACELLED, i AM NOT CONNECTED TO IT. I want info on how to return equipment, I sure can't pay for it. And I will not pay an ETF because services provided were not as advertised. SOMEONE LISTEN to me.You are still charging me for internet that is not even connected to my house.
Is anyone there? ..

Mark A Pool

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I got your message and yes please move forward with that

View solution in original post

18 REPLIES 18
Nascarnut
New Poster

My point has been made as I said..no one listens and no one cares

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, but it can take them a day or two to reply, so it may just be that they haven't yet, but will.  

@Liz

@Amanda

Guess they chose not to listen either

Been 2 weeks n reply

@markpool1

Not sure why your post has been overlooked...but I'll go ahead and tag @Amanda and @Liz again.

Probably not what you want to hear, but again, being that it is now after hours and the weekend, both Amanda and Liz won't be back until Monday morning....

if I remember to do so, I'll bump your post back up to the top on Monday morning so it doesn't get overlooked again.

Hi Mark - Just a heads up I have sent you a private message.

~Amanda

I got your message and yes please move forward with that

Okay, no problem, I will have that done right away and give you a confirmation of when it is fully complete.

Thank you

Amanda

Amanda, I sent a reply to the private message but not sure you got it. What to do with the box that was sent?

Hi Mark,

You will not need to do anything with the box. I've already marked your equipment as returned, so you won't be charged for unreturned equipment.

Thanks,

Amanda

They tried to lock me out for processing my card too many times. I am currently waiting for them to cut it back on because 1. No one informed me they would run my card 4 times in a row. 2. I didnt know that i was being locked out. 3. Im currently trying to contact their corporate office to tell them to come get this stuff they call satellite internet and then tell them where to put it. We always have to buffer when we stream shows. If i knew now what i didnt know then i would have never signed up. I just want internet. Not the stupid
GabeU

Hughesnetsux,

If you would like help with your issue(s) please start a new topic in the "My Account and Billing" section.
Amanda

Hi Mark,

I'm very sorry we missed your initial post. I understand you have not had a good experience overall and would be happy to help you cancel the account. Let me get the details together and I will send you a private message with more information.

Thank you,

Amanda

whip2111

After spending 90 min. on phone and missing out on business all morning,I was told the problem would be taken care of.I informed you that I would try one more time to make this system work-if problem persists that I will be cancelling my contract.If you look at my history you will see the many times my internet is down.I can't run my business without internet and your system has cost me many hours down and much money.Well after you fixed my system at noon on 1/18/2018 for the 10th time,it worked for 28 min.Now it is not working again-I'm done with your system-please send me a box to send your equipment back to you as I will be switching Exceed tomorrow morning.By the way I have to use my phone hotspot to send you this letter.I will not pay any cancellation fee.I informed the person of this when I last called.The reason for the letter is I don't have 2 more hours to spend on the phone with you.Please see that the correct person gets this letter.Thanks,Steve Whipple,L&S Automotive.

C
Confirmation@Hughes-Support.com

Thu 1/18/2018, 10:36 AM
Customer Service Change Dear Ste
GabeU

@whip2111

If you would like help for your particular issue, please either call HughesNet at 866-347-3292 or start a new topic in the "MyAccount and Billing" section.  You can do so through the following link...  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/AccountandBilling

Posting a "letter" on a thread concerning someone else's issue is not going to help you.  

LSC
New Poster

We've had hughesnet for almost a year it started off so good but got steadily worse. This month alone I've tried chatting, talking on the phone & email  & have gotten so upset, I was screaming at them on the phone & chatting. I pay my bill the end of the month for the following month then I started having real problem kept getting disconnected on my Roku & internet was so slow loading or wouldn't load at all. When I called them around the 5th of the month the agent I talked to put me on auto pay (I didn't request it) they took out another payment (I didn't authorize), they wouldn't listen to me all they kept saying was the payment I made at the end of the month was for that month not the following month, This happened once before I let it slide that time but not this time. I tried to set an appointment for them to come out to check my dish was told it would cost me $125 although I pay for a protection plan, then it was $29.99 then was told I need to take out more GB. I SWEAR ALL THEY WANT IS MONEY EVEN WHEN THEY DON'T DESERVE IT. I WOULDN'T RECOMENT THEM TO ANYONE.

Linda

GabeU

@LSC

Linda, 

Though I have no doubt that you are very frustrated, I recommend starting a new topic in the Tech Support section for the service issues you have been experiencing and a new topic in the myAccount and Billing section for the billing issue you've had.  The reps here are corporate based reps, unlike the phone reps.  You'll get help here.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST, so if you create those two new posts they won't be replied to by a rep until at least Monday.  Normally I wouldn't recommend starting two different topics, but you have two very different issues going on, so you should probably do so.

Regarding your billing, when an invoice is created and payment is automatically charged it's for the current month.  As an example, my last invoice was created on the 3/4, and the billing on that invoice is for the service period of 3/4 through 4/4, so when you pay you're paying for the current month, not the previous month.  When you are on automatic billing the new invoice is charged the day it's created, which in my case was 3/4.  If you are on manual payment you have however many days are stipulated to make the payment.  I hope this info helps.  

When you were put on automatic payment, might the current month, which you would have manually paid later, been what was automatically charged?  I'd sign into the myAccount site and check your billing info to see if this is the case.  If your balance is zero this is probably what happened.  If this doesn't explain it, by all means, please create the new topic and a rep will help you.  The myAccount site is here...  http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount

To start a new Tech Support topic... https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/TechSupport

To start a new Billing topic...  https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/AccountandBilling