No onine debit card option for bill payment

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MsSippi
New Poster

No onine debit card option for bill payment

I have had problems over the past year with trying to pay my bill by debit card.  I finally found where I could go to the old Customer Care and pay without logging in.  Today, the pay without logging in option sent me to a log in page, which refused to accept my ID and password, although I had no problem logging in to Hughesnet, otherwise.  Talking to an online "person" didn't help a few months ago because she kept insisting that I probably didn't have enough money on my card, even AFTER I told her that I had plenty of money on my card.  I have hearing loss, and I do NOT like having to call my payment info in due to my hearing difficulties.  What will it take for Hughesnet to fix it so that people like me can pay online with their DEBIT cards!  BTW, I do not have a credit card, and don't want one!  I'm really frustrated over this!

16 REPLIES 16
Amanda

Hello MsSippi

Sorry to hear you are having so much trouble trying to pay your bill, I hope that we can get this resolved quickly.

Since you are able to login to the community, you are already logged into your Support Center to pay your bill. You can pay it by clicking on 'My Account' in the top blue bar of this page, then using the 'Pay Now' option, enter your payment information and submit. Be sure to make sure the box to save your card is not checked or you will be put on autopay. Please let me know if you receive any kind of error message or difficulty trying to use this method.

Thank you,

Amanda

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

@MsSippi

For purposes of clarity, the "box" that Amanda referred to is shown in the graphic below.

The graphic is from a checking account but the layout is very similar for credit/debit cards.

Be very certain  that you remove the checkmark from the box.

Bill pay 5 snip.PNG

Hey Gwalk

Thanks for the addition. Just as an FYI, the payment layout in the Support Center is different than the old page (in your screenshot). The checkbox is left unchecked by default. This is the new look:

PaymentCMC.png

~Amanda

I tried to pay again, but this is the message I got:  "Attention: This transaction cannot be processed. Card not accepted. Please try another card." 

I had no problem at all with payment when I used the old payment page tht Gwalk posted above.  It is the NEW system that has been giving me fits. 

Again, I have plenty of money on my debit card, so why isn't your system accepting it as payment? 

It is enough to make me want to quit Hughesnet and turn my phone into a hotspot!

MsSippi,

Is the card you are trying to use a pre-paid or reloadable card? Perhaps an employer-provided payroll card or SSI/disability card? 

Amanda

The card I use is my SS/disability card.  Why should that make a difference?

MsSippi

Around last year, maybe a bit longer than that, Hughes began only accepting pre-paid or reloadable cards as one-time payments. If you leave the "save this payment method" box set to No or leave it unchecked, the payment should go through online. If you can try one more time and make sure that box is not checked and/or set to "no" and you are still having the issue, I will bring this up with our billing team. 

Thank you,

Amanda

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MsSippi wrote:

The card I use is my SS/disability card.  Why should that make a difference?

I had a similar issue for months when making my payment and used to have to use the old site.  With you being on SSDI, you probably have the DirectExpress card, like I do.  It used to not work on the present site, but I found that I am now able to make a payment using the View / Pay Bill Without Logging In part on the Hughesnet myAccount site.  http://my.hughesnet.com/myaccount  Under that View / Pay My Bill Without Logging In, I click on the View/Pay Bill button, then enter the info it asks for.  I use my DirectExpress card as a Credit Card, not a debit card, when making payment.  I've never tried using it as a debit card.  If it's not working for you using it as a debit card try it as a credit card.  

Hopefully this will work for you.  Just make sure that the box referring to "make this my default form of payment", or whatever it says, is unchecked.  It should already be, but just make sure it is.  

Capture.JPG

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

@Amanda

Earlier this month I attempted to pay my bill through the old site and it didn't work ... dead link

I opened the MyAccount site, clicked the link to "pay without log in" fully expecting that checkmark to not be auto-checked as was discussed in the Community.

It was indeed checked.

I just opend the page and here are some screenshots taken just moments ago:

Bill Pay 1.PNG

Billing 2.PNG

Gwalk,

What I am referring to is the Pay My Bill screen if you are logged in. Pay My Bill w/o Logging In still redirects to the old site, which will not be updated anytime soon if at all. IMHO its faster and easier to login and pay your bill than the old way but to each their own 🙂

Amanda

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

@Amanda wrote:

Gwalk,

IMHO its faster and easier to login and pay your bill than the old way but to each their own 🙂

Amanda

typically I will pay my bill before it is generated in the form of an advanced payment.

Hughes has a rather poor "confirmation number" system, always being 123456. One could never substantiate a payment with that!

If I make a payment without logging in and then  I can see that my payment "took" due to my bill showing a credit balance.

One must be very careful when mixing HughesNet and Money.

I have have dealt with the Billing Department in the past and would sooner eat dirt than have to again.

Ouch! Agreed on the confirmation number generation. I honestly do not know how the confirmation numbers appear if you are logged in, if at all. 

~Amanda

GabeU

@Gwalk900 wrote:

Hughes has a rather poor "confirmation number" system, always being 123456. One could never substantiate a payment with that! 

They changed that many, many months ago and it now gives an actual code.  

With that said, during the time it was doing this I always wondered how I was going to refer to a payment if I ever had an issue.  "Yes, my confirmation number was 123456."  "Excuse me, sir.  What?"  😛

I can't even get on the pay my bill without logging in it asks for my user name and password then says it isn't right..I haven't changed ..how is it pay my bill without logging in then having to log in.. If they can't fix thia mess I'm getting another internet provider I've been a customer since 2003 ..and now I can't pay my bill online this is crap ..

GabeU

@gundoc63

"View/Pay Bill Without Logging In" asks you for a username and password?   I just tried it and got a popup asking for my SAN and zip code, the same as it always does. 

Are you sure you're clicking on the right thing, as you shouldn't get a prompt for a username and password?  

Have you ever paid your bill using this method before?  

I have tried that, but the only option is for a credit card, and the system will not accept my debit card.  And, YES, I DO have more than enough money on my debit card to pay my bill!  However, I will try it again. Thank you.l