Hughesnet Community

Ordered Hughesnet but it is not working.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JasonCDickerson
Freshman

Ordered Hughesnet but it is not working.

I ordered Hughesnet and it was installed on December 17, 2017.   It has never worked.  I have called support, chatted online using my cell phone as a hot spot!  They tell me that it is an advanced support problem however I and I had a case number however NOBODY has ever call me or done anything to solve the problem.  I feel like I am getting the run around by everyone on this.   At this point I just want to cancle and get my money back that I have paid for a service that is not working at all.    I called to cancel was on hold for over 30 minutes and never got picked up, disconnected happened and one has to wonder if someone disconnected me so they did not have to deal with me.  My Case ID is 108317852     HELP !!!!!

JasonCDickerson

4 REPLIES 4
Colesgc1016
New Poster

I'm having the same issue. I previously had Dish, and they wanted to transfer me to Hughesnet..promising me double the speed time and saying it was the best internet out there and that Dish couldn't compare. I have had now for a couple of months. It has never been faster than Dish Internet was. As a matter of fact Dish was faster. Hughesnet is like dial up most of the time. They told me that when I ran out of data my internet would slow down, but not to dial up speed. I can have plenty of data still, yet I get dial up speeds. I also had dish for several years and never had outages. We started Hughesnet with slow speeds, had 3 days of no internet, now internet comes and goes, but when it does work it takes forever to load a page. I actually recorded how long it took to load a page and it was over 2 minutes. There is no way they can say that is high speed!!!  Yet I have a 2 year contract and are paying high speed monthly premiums.i never can get through to customer service to talk to someone, so I posted on their FB page and was just told to unplug power for 30 seconds which I have done 3 times, and then told if that doesn't work to contact the community and another customer may be able to answer my questions. How can another customer with the same issues answer my question, if Hughesnet theirselves cannot!!!!   Something has to change. This is ridicules. 

Liz

Hi Jason,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I pulled up your account to look into this and I do see that you are slated to have a callback, however due to the number of cases our advanced support currently has, the callback has been pushed back several times. I do apologize for this delay.

Regarding calling in to cancel, we recently had an unusually high call volume earlier this week, resulting in longer wait times. 

Regarding service performance, I do know that our engineers recently rolled out new code on your beam to address this. Are you still experiencing slow speeds today?

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hughesnet service sucks and they are not willing to accept their service is poor. DO NOT SIGN ANY CONTRACT WITH THEM AS THEY ARE WILLING TO ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THEIR POOR SERVICE AND STICK YOU WITH PENALTY

bessezp
New Poster

I havehad the same experience for the past 3 months and they keep billing  me or asking for the penalty to close the contract