cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMH3
Freshman

Retailer told me I would get the 50GB for $99.99 for 24 months

Hi All,

When I signed up the Retailer told me I would get the 50GB for $99.99 for 24 months, I have the ad flyer he gave me.

I was billed yesterday as shown below. What's going on here?  TIA

08/01/2018

Credit Card Payment

Payment Received

$-150.28

$0.00

08/01/2018
Credit Card Payment
Payment Received
$-40.65
$150.28
08/01/2018
Billing - AUG 2018 - B1-328574009
Bill Generation
$190.93
$190.93
20 REPLIES 20
MarkJFine
Professor

Clearly the retailer didn't set it up correctly. Best to bring it up with them.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Here's an update to my problem. Apparently my initial installation was not done correctly and my equipment was not properly reporting my bandwidth usage so I was misled into thinking I would only need 20GB and changed my plan.

Not long after they sent a tech out on a service call and fixed the "problem", which I wasn't aware I had until it was fixed.

Then it began reporting correctly and I monitored my usage for awhile, prorated it out and decided I would need closer to 50GB so I changed back.

Because of a faulty install/equipt, whatever, I am now off the $99 special and on the regular $129.99 price.

I don't feel I should have to pay more due to something that was out of my control.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@JMH3 wrote:

Here's an update to my problem. Apparently my initial installation was not done correctly and my equipment was not properly reporting my bandwidth usage so I was misled into thinking I would only need 20GB and changed my plan. 

Keep in mind that, during your first twenty days the service is in what's known as a "relaxed bandwidth state", meaning that your data allotment is continually reset during this time.  It's basically like having unlimited data during these twenty days.  After those initial twenty days your service reverts to its normal state, meaning your data starts being counted.  So, during your first month, your monthly data allotment is only used during the last ten or eleven days.  

HughesNet does this as a courtesy.  It is to allow new subscribers to bring their devices to current without it affecting what would be their normal monthly data allotment.  The "relaxed bandwidth state" is explained in the Welcome email sent by HughesNet.  

This is done for all new subscribers.  It's not due to faulty equipment.  

Hello,

Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps the retailer should explain the service better? Yes, that would be good, or perhaps the 2 techs that came out?

So now I am going to be paying $40 +/- more per month because of this?

GabeU

@JMH3

My response was only concerning the data usage discrepancy, not the pricing issue.  I believe Brooke sent you a PM regarding the pricing issue.  On the upper right of the page there is an envelope.  That envelope should have a red number over it.  Click on that envelope, then click the title of the PM Brooke sent you to open it fully.  You can then reply to her through PM if you need to. 

Billing issues, such as this, are usually discussed through PM so that it's kept private.   

You should see something similar to the following on the upper right of the page...

Capture.JPG

Hi,

Yes, I have been in contact with her. I still don't know why there was a service call put in and the second tech came out like 27 days after the initial installation. I didn't call in with an issue.

Thanks

Hi JMH3, thanks for your patience. 

I'm still investigating the sales call review, it's currently pending, so I'm waiting to hear back.

To answer your inquiry about the second tech, I did find out that we noticed on our end that your site needed attention, so we wanted to get that taken care of for you.

I will message you privately again once I hear updates. 

-Brooke 

Hi Brooke,

I appreciate your help.

Thanks!

Hi,

That's the thing, it was working fine, we didn't call and when the Tech came he had no idea why he was sent out.

But just after that, BOOM! All of a sudden it starts showing the REAL usage on the meter.

GabeU

@JMH3 wrote:

Hi,

That's the thing, it was working fine, we didn't call and when the Tech came he had no idea why he was sent out.

But just after that, BOOM! All of a sudden it starts showing the REAL usage on the meter.

I worked for the local CableCo in my area, I would have had a hard time explaining some anomally type of thing like this to my customers, just sayin'

You would have a hard time explaining it because it was nothing more than coincidence.  There is NOTHING that a rep can mis-install or that can go wrong with your installation that can cause your data to be reported incorrectly, nor anything concerning it that can be fixed by a tech visit.  The visit and your seeing your data usage reported in the Usage Meter, and online, are nothing but pure coincidence, and the data reporting issue was due to the aforementioned 20 day relaxed bandwidth period. 

@JMH3 wrote:  

Gabe,

Your are no help. You post the same things all over the place and treat everyone like we are toddlers.

Not impressed, sorry.

Don't take your anger at HughesNet out on me.  My first two posts were simply giving you information, with the first explaining why you saw what you did with the data reporting and the second explaining how to read a PM.  And with the first part of this reply having to explain the data reporting again, because you simply don't get it.   But, what do I know?  Evidently not as much about HughesNet as you.   

But, with that said, I'm done.  I reserve my help for those who actually appreciate the help and advice I give them and for those who don't direct their anger at the wrong people.  I don't give of my time to help those who respond the way you do.      

I'm sorry for being rude to you personally.

Yes, I am angry about this situation and being moved off of the special pricing I was on, it doesn't seem fair to me and I really don't want to pay an additional $50 more a month than what I signed up for. I went and spoke to the retailer I signed up with and they basically blew me off.

Again, I should not have acted that way towards you.

maratsade

JMH3, Brooke is working with you, reviewing your account and your sales call.  I hope she can find an acceptable solution for you. Hang in there.

Thanks for the update!

maratsade

I'm just going by Brooke's posts (especially this one) -- I'm not a Hughesnet employee.   I just know from experience that it can take a while for them to track down all the loose ends and figure out what's going on, especially in cases that are not straightforward.  I hope everything is resolved soon.  Make sure to check your private messages for updates from Brooke.  You also have the option of messaging her and asking for updates. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

Hello JMH3, 

I can understand, it's frustrating to us as well when we are are waiting on updates. As soon as I know more, I'll be in touch with you as quickly as possible.

I appreciate your patience, and like maratsade said, hang in there! We'll get this sorted out for you. 🙂

-Brooke

Thanks Brooke!

Brooke
Alum

Hello JMH3 welcome to the community and thanks for posting! Check your private messages, I sent you a response so we can discuss the matter. 

Thanks 🙂

-Brooke