Hughesnet Community

Retuned my old modem and got emails threatening $125 bill.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dilnbart

Retuned my old modem and got emails threatening $125 bill.

Upgraded my modem and returned the old one 5 days later. Got an email a week later that i had not returned the old modem and was going to be charged $125 for it if it wasn't returned by the end of june. Called customer service and gave them the ups info and tracking number. They said they would take care of it. Got another email the next week saying that the $125 would be taken from my credit care at my next billing cycle. Called again with the info from ups. Explained my displeasure with the customer service rep. She was apathetic at best. I was told there was no one else to contact. So now I'm waitng for my july invoice. If I am billed for a modem i returned in may, I will be a former customer. I fully believe that this company has absolutly no inventory control.
7 REPLIES 7
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Op,

Can you please share a case number from one of those calls, as well as the tracking number in the event the support agent didn't log it please?
Amanda

Hi dilnbart,

Welcome to our community and thank you for posting. Sounds to me like there maybe a serial number mix-up or something with receiving. Do you have a recent case number or the serial number from the bottom of the modem you have now? This will help me locate your account and find out what is going on.

Thanks
Amanda
dilnbart

the # on the new box is :  B3 0010968028 AF  The most recent case ID is 54558266
Amanda

Hi dilnbart,

Thank you for the information. I see what happened here and it was part of an old glitch that we have now fixed. The system had the incorrect serial number input for receiving and thought it was not returned. I see that the agent from that case number manually received it and resolve the issue. I apologize for the inconvenience. Please let us know if you have any further concerns.

Thank you
Amanda
dilnbart

Thanks for your help. Hope the issue is resolved. Sorry if i seem skeptical. Been around the block too many times.
Amanda

Hey dilnbart,

That's totally understandable. If we're being honest here, I'm that person who calls 2 or 3 times after my first call to make sure the notes on my account say the right thing. Money is money and now a days you can't be too careful. I see the modem was manually returned and I can confirm there are no pending charges on your account for unreturned equipment. If anything changes, please let me know and I will take care of it.

Thanks,
Amanda
dilnbart

Thanks.