Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disgusted
Sophomore

Sales Gal was dishonest

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello,

Thank you for waiting. We did not have a snow day yesterday since the snow didn't start until late morning. It did, however, take me almost 3 hours to get home (usually ~30mins) so that was not so great. 

Regarding the sales call, I did listen to it and have a summary below:

The beginning of the call is where we will always do our best to determine what package will work for you. When the caller was asked if they are heavy or average users, they seemed unsure, so clarified the devices in the home.

"Our TV goes through Dish Network and we have 2 computers, 2 phones and I think that's it.. oh well, and the PlayStation." There is no mention of or discussion about cameras, nor the use of Hoppers.

The 20GB plan is recommended by the sales agent. The plan is presented  as "twenty gigabytes", not "gee bee" to distinguish the fact that it is data and not any other terminology. 

Towards the end of the call, before completing the order, the agent provides information about what to expect during the installation, that usage is subject to our fair access policy, speeds and uninterrupted use are not guaranteed and that more information can be found at legal.hughesnet.com. 

Because of these results, we will not be able to waive the termination fee. 

Thank you.

Amanda

View solution in original post

24 REPLIES 24
bluegirl

I am sorry for you, and sorry for all the suckers like myself who have no other choice due to being rural. I hate this company and the service so much I could scream!! Its a racket and they know it! Last night I woke up during the BOGUS bonus period and wanted to stream a program I had missed. HA HA, do you think I could, **bleep** no! Buffers  and buffers and buffers and I gave up! Now I will be moving to another state and this sorry **bleep** company is the only one to get any kind of internet in my new home. 

As soon as something else is available in my area, so long to you and your rip off! 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@bluegirl

Please refrain from foul language when posting in this Support Community.  

If you would like help with your issue, please start a new topic in the Tech Support section.  As well, please make sure to turn off, or snooze, the Video Data Saver if streaming in HD or you will most likely experience buffering.  

@bluegirl - I'd like to help you too. It is easier to work with you one on one in your own thread. If you can create a thread for yourself explaining your concerns or where you need assistance, I'll give you a hand.

Thanks,

Amanda

Disgusted
Sophomore

maratsade

It can take from a few hours to a few days. Varies with each case.

@Disgusted wrote:
Could someone please tell me how long this will take to have my sales call reviewed?
Thank you

Hello, 

Welcome to our community and thank you for reaching out to us here. I'm happy to help and get this case moving for you. I've already located your account and have begun the investigation process, including reviewing the sales call.

Thank you,

Amanda

maratsade

Sometimes it takes several days. They will update you when they have information. If they haven't updated you yet, it means they don't have information for you at this time and are still working on it. 

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@Disgusted wrote:
So I was checking on the status of my case. Do you know how much longer??.

Thank You

@maratsade wrote:

Sometimes it takes several days. They will update you when they have information. If they haven't updated you yet, it means they don't have information for you at this time and are still working on it.

Especially today... Could be the HQ in Gaithersburg is a ghost town on account of the weather.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade

That's a great point, Mark.  Looks like it may be a snow day for HQ.

GabeU

@Disgusted wrote:

But that's cool. I will wait for Amanda's response because when you keep replying to questions that are tagged for Amanda I have to weed thru these. But you thoughts were appreciated. 😎

The message tags are for categorizing and search purposes.  If your question is for a specific person, a name and comma, like with the opening of a personal letter, will do the trick.  

maratsade

@GabeU, there's also the fact that this is a customer-to-customer site, so this is what we do, we answer questions, and the mods, including Amanda, typically let us answer other customer's questions and don't intervene unless it's something we cannot answer.   

The message tags are for categorizing and search purposes.  If your question is for a specific person, a name and comma, like with the opening of a personal letter, will do the trick.  

maratsade

Bless your heart. I was communicating with Gabe there, not you.  You sit tight and wait for Amanda now. 

wrote:
Such is life.. But I still choose to communicate with Amanda.

Hello,

Thank you for waiting. We did not have a snow day yesterday since the snow didn't start until late morning. It did, however, take me almost 3 hours to get home (usually ~30mins) so that was not so great. 

Regarding the sales call, I did listen to it and have a summary below:

The beginning of the call is where we will always do our best to determine what package will work for you. When the caller was asked if they are heavy or average users, they seemed unsure, so clarified the devices in the home.

"Our TV goes through Dish Network and we have 2 computers, 2 phones and I think that's it.. oh well, and the PlayStation." There is no mention of or discussion about cameras, nor the use of Hoppers.

The 20GB plan is recommended by the sales agent. The plan is presented  as "twenty gigabytes", not "gee bee" to distinguish the fact that it is data and not any other terminology. 

Towards the end of the call, before completing the order, the agent provides information about what to expect during the installation, that usage is subject to our fair access policy, speeds and uninterrupted use are not guaranteed and that more information can be found at legal.hughesnet.com. 

Because of these results, we will not be able to waive the termination fee. 

Thank you.

Amanda