Salesperson gave misinformation

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bschnapp
Freshman

Salesperson gave misinformation

When we signed on to this the salesperson told us that because it was a 'military grade satellite' so we never have to worry about loss of service. But any time there's a storm we do. When I contacted customer service they said they can't account for storms, and wait for them to stop until we have them test our sevice.
We found we have to keep our existing slow internet service for streaming, all uses aside from one computer my wife needs for work, which is hugely disappointing. After talking with the salesperson we were excited but immediately after installation we were so disappointed. We were also told the installer would set up our app on my phone and up to two devices. I asked him about that and he said he has never done that. After seeing how much data is used by everyday things I realized that Hughes net was not a replacement, but going to be an additional cost for their 2 year contract, or until we get high speed internet in the country.
8 REPLIES 8
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@bschnapp 

If the sales call in which you signed up for the service was no more than about three or four months ago, and it was during that sales call you were told that the service would never cut out, you can request a sales call review.  As well, if it was the salesperson that indicated that the service would be a viable replacement for another for which you could stream a lot, you can include that reason in the request for the call review.  Depending on what's heard in that review you may have some type of recourse, though what that recourse might be I don't know.

You can request the sales call review in a reply in this topic.  The review can take up to a week to complete, and the reps normally provide the results in a PM for the sake of privacy.  

With regard to the installation, though the tech will connect up to two devices and make sure they are operational with the service, they don't install apps or programs on the devices. If the HughesNet Mobile app is one that you need, you can find information concerning such here.

This is not an accepted solution. The salesperson didn't connect two devices or stick around at all to make sure it was working, which I believe i mentioned in my original post .
GabeU

@bschnapp wrote:
This is not an accepted solution. The salesperson didn't connect two devices or stick around at all to make sure it was working, which I believe i mentioned in my original post .

You didn't mention that.  Just the part about not setting up the app on them.  Still, again, the only option you have at this point is requesting the sales call review to address the misinformation given by the salesperson.  

If you're having technical issues, please start a new topic in Tech Support to get help with such.

"We were also told the installer would set up our app on my phone and up to two devices. I asked him about that and he said he has never done that."

This is a direct quote from my original post. I have spent hours on chat and phone trying to get this resolved and it still isn't.
maratsade

What resolution are you looking for? It's unclear from your posts. 

bschnapp wrote:
 I have spent hours on chat and phone trying to get this resolved and it still isn't.

GabeU

@bschnapp wrote:
"We were also told the installer would set up our app on my phone and up to two devices. I asked him about that and he said he has never done that."

This is a direct quote from my original post. I have spent hours on chat and phone trying to get this resolved and it still isn't.

And that refers to setting up your app on the devices.  The techs don't do that for you.  I do realize what you meant, however.  The installation techs are supposed to connect up to two devices and ensure the service is working with them.  But that time has passed.  

If you need help connecting a device or you need help with installing/setting up some type of app, or if you're having technical issues, please start the new topic in Tech Support.  The ability to stream without buffering cannot be guaranteed, though you can try turning off or snoozing the Video Data Saver to see if it helps.

Regarding the discrepancy between what the sales person said and the realities of the service, again, the only solution is asking for that sales call review.

For your speed issue, I suggest replying to maratsade in this topic.  Your streaming issue could be related to this problem, but without follow up there is no way to know.

hangman
New Poster

The salesperson does not give misinformation they just down right LIE!! When I got Hughes net they said they had there own VPN and it was a LIE.They said it worked on a fire stick but it buffets every 30 seconds. My old DSL worked better than this at 6mb/s. As soon as I can Hughes net will be gone. I tell everyone that not to get it.

maratsade

The best thing you can do to deal with this is to request a sales call review.  If you've had your account for 6 months or less, than you definitely should ask about this. The way it works is, the reps on this site can pull up the sales call and listen to what the sales rep said and what you answered, and they can then see if the rep misled you.  This could be very beneficial for you if the phone salesperson failed to set proper expectations, so you should really ask for sales call.

To request a sales call, simply go to the myAccount and Billing section, start a new post, and request a sales call, making sure to detail why you feel you were misled.