Service and Troubleshooting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MzRedd
New Poster

Service and Troubleshooting

I have literally had this service a little bit over 30 days- Totally dissatisfied and I will be canceling my service- Like I will Suck up the Fee- because it's 2021 and this Service is Extremely SLOW - Like i just moved to my area, and my Carrier i had prior to moving was not in area yet- I work from Home, and It was totally Impossible to get work done, have zoom calls, like it was horrible.  I Paid my Bill on 10/29 - and literally 7 days on 11/07 they said all my 20GB was used-  Mind you it reset on 11/01-  Ludacris-  I did nothing different from the first 3 weeks when i started service. Called for support and they are NO Help- tell me diagnosis says all is running- WTH-  So this may work for some, and KUDOS to you, but this is not going to for me-  I paid 45$ for tokens and another Waste-  Total Money grubbers-  like Satilite thought i'd hav better speed or whatever, but NOPE-  So Have a Wonderful Day Hughesnet.  But I will be canceling my service in the morning, and I will return all the equipment requested per template on site.  I have to Say GOODBYE for EVER, and No I will NOT refer anyone as my experience, customer service, and experience was 100% Horrible, and I can't stand and support a company ripping people off for Service-   DO not Allow the Elderly to get sucked in by this total farce of a service-  

#SNAILSERVICE

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

During the first few days of service, your allowance resets constantly. This is done as a courtesy to allow people to update their software if they need to. After this honeymoon period, the data you use is counted towards your total allowance.  

Satellite internet is much slower than terrestrial internet, because the signal travels thousands of miles from space, which causes high latency.  Satellite internet is also much more expensive to maintain, which makes it a more  expensive service for the consumer. 

To cancel, you will need to call 866-347-3292. Since you're still under contract, you will pay a $400 termination fee.  See http://legal.hughesnet.com/ServiceTermsAndConditions-current.cfm

To avoid equipment charges, you will also need to return the equipment (modem, power pack, and the radio from the dish). You will get a kit to return the equipment when you cancel the account.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@MzRedd wrote:

I Paid my Bill on 10/29 - and literally 7 days on 11/07 they said all my 20GB was used-  Mind you it reset on 11/01-  Ludacris-  I did nothing different from the first 3 weeks when i started service.   

As stated, your data allotment is continually refilled during your first twenty days of service as a courtesy.  It's a courtesy that allows new customers to update/upgrade their equipment to current without it negatively affecting their monthly data allotment.  

The 20 days of refills are mentioned in the welcome email.  

HughesNet does not control the speed at which you use or exhaust your monthly allotment of high speed data.  That's under your control and your control alone.