Service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shellee621
New Poster

Service

This internet sucks.  I have called them 3 times in the first couple of weeks.  The internet is slow as **bleep** and everything i try to watch is constantly buffering.  I am getting charged for a monthly service that i am not even receiving.  I watched the local news the other day and got to see about 10 minutes of a 30 minute show because it was buffering, and yet i am having to pay for this.  I apparently have also used up all my data which is only because the pages take so long to download and all the other stuff keeps buffering.  I called and just get the run around of testing this and testing that which ends up not helping and then when i tell them i want to cancel they tell me i have a 24 month contract.  This is **bleep**, and the only company i have dealt with and had all these issues.  Again i should not have to pay if the service doesn't even work half of the time.

3 REPLIES 3
Amanda

Hi Shellee621,

I understand that troubleshooting a problem can be frustrating and in our community we like to simply things as best we can. Other than asking for a few speed tests and have you try a couple of different things, we don't need to do anything outrageous. 

The amount of data used does not depend on how long something takes to load or download. You may use more data if you have to re-download something all over again, but for the most part this information is cached and isn't technically downloaded again (depending what on the activity). Data usage is just based on the amount of data that actually got used. If your devices are slow and the data is running out, it could very well be a single device on your home network that is eating up bandwidth and slowing down everyone else. Can you give me an idea of the devices you generally have connected to your home network? 

Thank you,

Amanda

Hi Amanda,

I have a TV which I hardly watch, a computer, and phone which I hardly use.  My main device is a kindle fire.  I have to say that i am the only one who lives here and with my previous service i had no issues whatsoever, they were just too expensive.

Michele

p47
New Poster

We seem to have the same problem. It doesn't matter what part of the billing cycle we are in, there is nothing we can watch that isn't buffering every other minute or so.