Soft Collections

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miekkitoo
New Poster

Soft Collections

Hello... I truly need some assistance. I have a major issue with HughesNet billing... I am reaching out to you to get this resolved before turning it over to the Inspector General of my state and appropriate Federal agency.

I canceled my contract before incurring an Early Termination Fee. I have all phone calls to HughesNet documented with confirmation numbers and phone records; however, HughesNet charged my debit card for $214.00 after skipping a whole billing period. I was told it was for not returning the radio which was included in the Return Box. I have two witnesses who helped box all equipment, and I've obtained the UPS Store Report which reflects the actual weight of the box on the date returned. I was told by Hanna (103115543 on 03/17/2017 and 103168308 on 03/21/2017) my debit card would be refunded the full amount, but it would be up to my bank to decided when to issue the refund. It seemed like a strange statement to make so I called my bank and was told the refund is immediately credited when received... which has been my experience since 1984. I waited through three full weekends before opening a dispute. I tried to avoid doing a chargeback, but HughesNet was not following through on their promise. My bank did an investigation and reversed charges to my debit account; however, on Saturday, 03/15/2017, I received an email stating I am in Soft Collections and have seven days to submit the $214.00 payment. I have all paperwork documenting what I've presented herein, and I need help getting this resolved. Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Good morning miekkitoo,

Your concerns have been addressed in your PMs. 🙂 Enjoy the rest of your week!

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
miekkitoo
New Poster

I received an email stating... "We have received your email, and we'd like to help in any way that we can. As a result, I have escalated this case internally to one of our supervisors and setup a courtesy callback for you. Please expect the call within 24 hours on the phone number we have on file.Your case ID for this issue is 103585121." (email from a HughesNet Representative on 04/17/2017). I am requesting a written response instead because phone call interaction (1-866-347-3292) has not produced satisfactory results in the past. Please respond ASAP... thank you.

Good morning miekkitoo,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. We certainly want to get to the bottom of this. Thank you for the details, I'll pull up your account to investigate further. I'll post back once I have an update.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thank you, Liz.

@Liz, any update?

Good morning miekkitoo,

Your concerns have been addressed in your PMs. 🙂 Enjoy the rest of your week!

Thanks... you as well. 🙂