Hughesnet Community

Son passed away. Still had to pay early termination fee??!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eringobragh
New Poster

Son passed away. Still had to pay early termination fee??!!

I had internet service installed at my son's house because he didn't have a credit history. He passed away 3 weeks ago, so I called to terminate the service. I was told I would still have to pay $190.00 for early termination.You have got to be kidding!!! Hughesnet is one of the most heartless, profit driven, unfeeling, uncaring companies it has ever been my misfortune to do business with!! Also, I was told a box would be sent to return equipment. If I don't return it in a cerain amount of time I'll have to pay $300.00. Guess what? Still haven't gotten a box!! I'm amazed the people in corporate at Hughesnet can sleep with a clear conscience!!!

3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Before you attack the company's values, why don't you wait to see if one of the reps here responds to you and offers to help?  Recently someone in a similar situation to you was treated very kindly by the company. 

Liz

Hello eringobragh,

I'm so sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and the entire family. We can certainly take care of this for you. I'm already working on this and will send you a private message to discuss details once I'm done. You can check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page. I'll have a PM for you soon addressing your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

eringobragh,

Sorry about your son.  😞