Hughesnet Community

Surprised

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John Woltjer

Surprised

I am very surprised that I have not received an offer "that I can't refuse" to reactivate my Gen 4 account.  After 3 years of super good service I canceled Last November, due to a lack of common sense.  Dial-up sucks. I guess I will try Dishnet.  I will get a discount there.  Case #'s 44873360 and 39619812. 
10 REPLIES 10
WJA

If you had done any research you would know......
Dish Network launches nationwide satellite broadband service with ViaSat, Hughes, calls it dishNET

http://www.engadget.com/2012/09/27/dish-network-dishnet/

9/27/2012
El Dorado Netwo
Advanced Tutor

Last time I checked, Dish was charging $99 to $149 upfront to provide DishNET, then offering a $10/mo. discount if you bundle DishNET with your DISH TV service - resulting in $100 to $150 in net discount over the 24-month contract.

Check with a local, independent Retailer in your area and see if he can do better.

http://www.hughesnet.com/dealers
El Dorado Networks |Diamond Springs, CA | eldoradonetworks.com
Katie0
Admin

John - Well, our interest is peaked...we're investigating.  Stay tuned.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

John, all the equipment still in place, just a matter of turning it on and re-activating it? I would think they will work something out with you if that is the case. A very good sign when Katie replies.  🙂
John Woltjer

Yup, everything is there except the radio and modem which I returned.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

A bit different then, would definitely take a truck roll.
Pawnee County

Yea I remember I got P.O'ed at DirecTv and cancelled in about a month and a half they were begging to get me back.  I ended up getting a 35 dollar monthly credit for a year and a $200.00 Visa Debit Card.  I did have to do another 2 yr contract but don't mind that because it is about all we get here that is worth a darn. 
John Woltjer

Thank you Katie.  All's well that ends well.
Miles2

Good afternoon John,

We were able to find your original account and will be happy to see what we can do to restore your service. You will be contacted by a case manager from HughesNet today.

Thank you for your post so that we can help,

Miles