Hughesnet Community

Taking money before due date

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tgilbe8

Taking money before due date

My bill was not due until 12/8 but the money was taken out of my checking account on 11/28. A week before the bill was due! Not cool! Very angry
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello Tgilbe8,
Thank you for reaching out to us. I see you are new to the community, so welcome! I am sorry to hear you were not expecting your payment to be taken out until 12/8. While the due date reflects 12/8, when you are on autopay it does debit from your account on the date the bill is generated, which was 11/28. The due date is the grace period in which the payment needs to be made, in case there are any issues with processing the payment when the bill generates. I see from your account that you have switched to invoice billing. This will alleviate payment being taken out, as you will need to manually make the payments. If you should choose to switch back to auto pay just remember that the payment will process on the day your bill generates, on the 28th of each month. This will also save you $5 a month by switching from invoice billing to auto pay. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thanks - *Felicia*

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Is this the first time this has happened to you, or the first time you have noticed?  They take the money before the due date -- you may want to plan for it so you will have the money available.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

@Tgilbe8 wrote:
My bill was not due until 12/8 but the money was taken out of my checking account on 11/28. A week before the bill was due! Not cool! Very angry

This is nothing new. Verizon does this as well...

Many companies do this with direct bank account payments because some don't remit for a 3-7 day period until the electronic 'pending' clears.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Hello Tgilbe8,
Thank you for reaching out to us. I see you are new to the community, so welcome! I am sorry to hear you were not expecting your payment to be taken out until 12/8. While the due date reflects 12/8, when you are on autopay it does debit from your account on the date the bill is generated, which was 11/28. The due date is the grace period in which the payment needs to be made, in case there are any issues with processing the payment when the bill generates. I see from your account that you have switched to invoice billing. This will alleviate payment being taken out, as you will need to manually make the payments. If you should choose to switch back to auto pay just remember that the payment will process on the day your bill generates, on the 28th of each month. This will also save you $5 a month by switching from invoice billing to auto pay. If you have any other questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. Thanks - *Felicia*

GabeU

@Tgilbe8

The due date is primarily for customers on invoice billing (manual payments).  For those on automatic payment, the customer is charged on the same day the invoice is generated.

If your current invoice/billing date is an issue I think you can change it, though I believe you can only do this once every twelve months.  If you need to do this, please call 866-347-3292 to do so.  🙂 

CPA
Freshman

@Tgilbe8 wrote:

Go online and look at your invoice so that you can see the actual due date. Companies do not like to receive money before they have earned it as it affects their finances and requires extra reporting steps. Chances are, the due date on the invoice is, in fact, the 28th.

GabeU

@CPA wrote:

Go online and look at your invoice so that you can see the actual due date. Companies do not like to receive money before they have earned it as it affects their finances and requires extra reporting steps. Chances are, the due date on the invoice is, in fact, the 28th.

HughesNet utilizes forward billing.  When an invoice/bill is generated, it's to pay for the new month, not the month that just occurred.  As an example, my most recent bill was created on 12/4, and it's to pay for service from 12/4 through 1/3.  Were I an auto bill customer, the funds for such bill would have also been collected on 12/4.  

This is only concerning recurring charges, not things like data tokens, which, if purchased, would be added to the next bill.  

Hardy

Tammy

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

*Felicia*