They can’t seem to tell the truth

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prettyeuphoric
Freshman

They can’t seem to tell the truth

I was overcharged $200 on my debit card by this company, that was my grocery money for two months they told me they would issue a refund in 15 days which is BS, so I waited 15 days I called they said they issue the refund give me a confirmation number well as of today there has been no refund issued and I still have no food. I’m getting evicted today and I’m going to be homeless thanks to this company, the greediest co and the worst service I’ve ever had. I’ve done the speed test I’ve done everything asked and I’ve never been able to watch TV with this company, my phone never worked right, this company is nothing but a joke.
4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You have complained about poor speeds a few times but have not done the procedure required to have speed tests addressed in this community. You've been a member of the community since April 2020 and in all that time you did not seek any kind of tech support here.  Maybe you could start by running the required speed tests and posting the link to the tests results. 

I am only been a member of the community since April but I have been a customer much longer. I have done the speed test and I have been told it’s due to the pandemic. And I have also had them check for data loss which of course is still a mystery. But that doesn’t do anything about the fact of that this company has lied to me over and over. Why not address the issue of that instead of the slow speeds, everyone here has slow speeds from what I read. Why not address the facts
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You've clearly had a negative and frustrating experience, but it may be beneficial to you to seek help here, and for that you will need to run specific speed tests in a specific way. 

Yes, most people who post here do so because they have issues and this is a tech support community. Those who don't have issues don't normally post here, and this may skew your view a bit. In any case, why not try to seek help through this community? The worst that can happen is you'll be in the same situation as you are now. But maybe you'll see some improvements. 

Prettyeuphoric,

Thank you for posting! I was able to take a look into your account and try to piece together what exactly was going on. From what I'm gathering, on January 1st, you initiated the refund process for the 200 dollars that you had requested to be placed back in your account. The refund process was then started, but normally takes 15 days for the refund to be processed and put through the systems.

Your bill date is January 16th, and due to the fact that the 200 additional dollars were placed on to the account due to your additional payment, $120.06 was taken out that day for the HughesNet bill, which is a valid monthly charge to the account. Normally, it'd charge your automatic payment debit card, however, seeing a balance on the account, the system automatically billed it that way. That left $79.94 on the account, which an agent you spoke to on January 22nd attempted to refund to you, however, it states you declined to have that credit amount refunded. Do you wish to refund the $79.94? We would like to start the refund process as soon as possible, as to not have this situation happen again. 

Thanks,

Remy