Unable to upgrade or apply EBB benefits

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arielgipson96
Freshman

Unable to upgrade or apply EBB benefits

So I cannot see my bill, I don't know why there is a hold on my account, but customer service is receiving an account error that won't allow my EBB benefits to be reapplied after over a week of fixing issues with USAC where my benefits were transferred without permission. On top of that when looking at optional services my account tells me I am not eligible for them and to contact customer support for more details, however they don't have any.

My EBB benefits were transferred without my consent. I then had to reapply for the EBB program. Every time I have called Hughesnet, this is what they have told me I had to do in order to get my account fixed and my discount reapplied, now it's looking like Hughesnet made me do all of this for basically nothing. Someone help please!

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

What optional services are you looking for?

You will likely need to wait until the reps come back next week, so they can try to figure out what's going on with your account. 

I wasn't really looking to upgrade my account with optional services, I was just going through the portal and looking at things while they were talking on the phone with me and when I happened to click Hughes Net voice, all of a sudden I was ineligible for any type of upgraded services, this only happened after my benefits were illegally transferred

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

What a big mess. I hope the reps can fix this for you, or tell you what steps you need to take. 

Honestly at this point if they make ME do anything more without them doing some leg work I'm just gonna cancel the services and say sc*w it

Good morning arielgipson96,

Thanks for this update. According to the last case note on your account, the option to add EBB was not there when you called in to have it re-applied. I'm verifying with our folks internally as to why this is, and if we can restore that option so that you can get EBB transferred back. I'll post back once I have any news.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning arielgipson96,

I see our executive customer care folks are taking care of you now. Our other internal teams are working to address this EBB issue for you. The ECC rep handling your case should keep you updated moving forward.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!