Unauthorized Payment Debited from Account after Updating Account

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Macd
New Poster

Unauthorized Payment Debited from Account after Updating Account

I am writing to request that someone pull a call that occurred on May 3, 2019 with HughesNet representative Joe Lopez.  During this call, I updated the billing address to a PO Box and also asked that the existing debit card on file be replaced with a new debit card.  I provided him the new debit card information and he confirmed that the account had been updated.  He also confirmed that he updated my new billing address.  I realized that he did none of what he promised.  He did not update my debit card with the new card and made no changes whatsoever to my account, despite him confirming that he made these changes.  Because he did not update my account to the new debit card, a charge of $197.26 went through my old debit card account on May 31, 2019, prompting me to incur additional fees.  This representative promised me that he made these changes but because of his lies, an unauthorized charge went through my old account, which should have never happened.  I want this charge refunded to my card as it was UNAUTHORIZED and Joe Lopez confirmed that he added a new debit card and deleted the old one but he did not.  I am very upset about this lack of professionalism.  Why didn't he follow through on what we discussed over the phone.  This phone call was recorded so I request that someone reviews this phone call that took place on May 3, 2019 to confirm what I said and to confirm that he did do what he said.  HughesNet messed up and HughesNet needs to fix this unauthorized charge.  The account number in question is DSS[edited].  Joe Lopez also provided me this case number: 120385432.  Please let me know as soon as someone listens to this recording so that it can be confirmed that I requested that this information be updated and he did not follow through.  

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Macd 

Though I'm sure a rep will reply soon to help you, please edit the DSS number out of your post.  This is your account number (SAN), which you should NEVER post in public.  Though the reps won't need your SAN, as your Community sign on information is tied to your account, any personal info they do need will most likely be requested through Private Message, which is represented by the little envelope to the upper right of the page.  

To edit your post, click the three dots to the upper right of the message body.

Liz

Hi Macd, 

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Thank you for the case number, this helps narrow things down. Please give me some time to investigate this for you. I'll post back once I have an update to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Good morning Macd,

Thank you for your patience while I investigated your case. The call from May 3 does have you providing a credit card for the agent to update the account, and to support that, our system does show that a payment option was successfully updated. However, it doesn't show any details like which card exactly was added on that date. So from our end, the payment method was successfully updated on May 3. 

Please check your private messages (PM) in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM with an e-mail address you can use to send me a copy of the credit card statement showing the $197.26 charge and the additional fees you mentioned. Once I have this statement I can see what we can do for you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi Macd,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply or private message from you with the requested information. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.