Was lied to when and want to cancel

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cwright30
New Poster

Was lied to when and want to cancel

Was lied to by sales representative about service usage and what I can do with my service and billing information now I want to cancel. I’ve only had service a month and have had nothing but problems.

9 REPLIES 9
Damian

@Cwright30,

Thank you for reaching out to us and I am sorry to hear that. Before we take any steps here, I would highly recommend reaching out to account management at 1-866-347-3292 to discuss this, especially since you've only been a customer for a month. Please update me here once you have. -Damian 

I have reached out and both times I did they acted like they did not understanding the problem I have my kids are not able to do home work cause of the service runs out so fast it’s not worth the money

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Damian 

Oops. While I was typing my reply I missed that you had posted.

GabeU

The reps can likely have a sales call review performed. However, they'll need specifics regarding what you feel you were lied to about regarding service usage and what you can do with your service. 

The reps are on Monday thru Friday from 9AM to 6PM EST, so you should see a reply from one tomorrow. They may need some personal info from you in order to locate your account, but they'll ask for it to be sent via Private Message.

Great cause I was told we get 30 gbs a month and once that’s gone we would not be cut of it would just slow down a little bit that’s not the case one the 30 gbs is gone we can not do anything and I was never told it was. 2 years contract

@Cwright30,

I understand. When it comes to how data usage works, what was relayed to you is accurate. It is very possible that there are outside factors on top of running out of data that may be simulating a no connection issue when it isn't or at least isn't from being "cut off". Figuring out what is causing those types of issues would require technical troubleshooting. As far you not being told about the length of the contract, this can be reviewed. We will certainly look into requesting your sales call for review to determine whether the sales rep set the appropriate expectations. I'll post back once I get the results.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated. -Damian 

We have called in about the internet not working and thank you 

GabeU

@Cwright30 

The period at the end of the sentence got caught in the private message link in Damian's post, so it's not working correctly. The following is the correct link...

https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/76644

@Cwright30,

Please send me a private message with the phone number associated with your account. You can use this link https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/76644.

And no worries @GabeU the information was accurate 👍.  -Damian