Why is HughesNet collecting city tax?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maltboy
Sophomore

Why is HughesNet collecting city tax?

I live 3 miles outside of the city limits, yet HughesNet is assessing city tax on my bill.  I contacted CS and (surprise!) they were ZERO help.  The CS supervisor actually told me I had to contact city hall!  Where does HughesNet dig these people up?

Please note I am not assessed city tax on any of my other purchases or utilities including power, trash pickup, phone, Amazon, or other online purchases.  

@Amanda

3 REPLIES 3
Passedaround
New Poster

I have the same problem, I have been to City Hall, they faxed a letter to Hughes Net, stating I am out of the City Limits.  Now they call and want it refaxed to another department.  They can't even communicate between departments.  Worst customer service ever!

Hi folks,

Thanks for posting, I'm sorry we didn't catch this initial post. I'm looking into this now and checking with our tax accountant. I'll post back once I have news to share.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hello!

Got a quick reply from one of our tax accountants. Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!