Early Termination Fee

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Triana
New Poster

Early Termination Fee

I am a 22 year old college student who had moved all the way to Round Montain (6 hours away from my home) to escape a terrible relationship with my father.  Whilst living there, I needed internet so I had signed up for Hughesnet as it was the only provider in my location. If this was not the only provider, I would have gladly chosen a different one as I thought the prices were extreme.  I was living off of my savings (with no hep from my estranged father) and could barely afford to pay for food, utiities, etc. including internet. 

First and foremost, the service itself was sub par.  I used my internet for many uses from research, to television, to basic information searches.  Point being, my data (20 gb) would run out before the month's end every time.  Additionally, even before my data wuld run out the internet was extremely slow. I had called numerous times to get the speed fixed and every time I was patient and graceful with the service technicians, as they were trying to help me which I appreciated.  However, none of these times did my internet speed increase.  At this point I had given up the constant calling and trying to fix this problem that was never resolved. My experience with HughesNet has been upsetting to say the least. 

After 6 months of living in the isolated forests of Round Mountain (45 minutes away from the nearest town, making finding work nearly impossible) I had run out of money.  I had to resort to moving back to my verbally abusive father in the Bay Area, which is unfortunately a very high income place to live.  Now that I am living here again, I no longer need my internet service as there is already internet here.  Additionally, as I mentioned, I am a 22 year old college student who has run out of funds trying to sustain myself to escape my horrible home life.  Now I am back where I started, but with no money.  I cannot afford to pay the Early Termination Fee nor continue paying the monthly fee for a home I am no longer living at.  Will somone please hear my plight and help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Hi Triana,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'm very sorry to hear about your situation.  Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Liz

Hi Triana,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! I'm very sorry to hear about your situation.  Please check your private messages in the top right corner of the community page as I've sent you a PM to further address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I am so glad that I reached out to the community forum as the moderators/service on here is exceptional. Granted, I had very polite service when dealing with the service technicians regarding my slow service (although it did remain slow). I mainly had an issue with the "customer service" phone line representatives who act as if they have no power to help (maybe they don't, won't, or can't I'm not sure).  In this sense I feel they cannot help much, however, the moderator who replied to my issue, Liz, was beyond accomodating and I appreciate her help. 

We're glad you found the community, Triana. I'm glad to have helped and appreciate your comments, they mean a lot. I've replied to your PM, if you have further concerns, feel free to reach out to me again.