Why is my bill going up every month?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joep1016
New Poster

Why is my bill going up every month?

Have been a hughes net customer since October 2016.  I have had lots of issues and lots of frustration getting them resolved.  some issues I just gave up on till now.  in the last 3 months my bill has gone from 129 to 142 to 153.  I know i'm not using hardly any of my data.  so why is the bill going up.  I have tried many times to update my settings like address and phone but the system says i'm not authorized to change them.  I have tried many times to view my current or past bills and get an error message every time.  the error message says to call customer support  if the problem persists.  I did that and was on hold for 31 min and got hung up on.  I just got into this community system and read of the horrers that are hughes net.  snd that is why i am starting this.  I wold like for someone to contact me either here or on the phone to get these issues fixed.  based on what i have read in these boards I'm sure it will take months.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi joep1016,

I'm unable to make changes to your account since you're a business (SME) subscriber. With your initial concern, I sent it over to our Enterprise department to address. For immediate tech support for business customers, please call 1-800-347-3272 so we can get you back online.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

25 REPLIES 25
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Not sure what exactly you have read, but the response on these boards is very quick, provided the issue has a quick solution.  Delays may be caused with the time it takes to investigate a problem and find or develop a solution; sometimes it takes a while. Being patient might be to your advantage, if only to preserve your health. Getting angry and impatient will not make things go faster.

Hopefully someone from Hughes will be able to address your issues in the morning.

Liz

Good morning joep1016,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I'm sorry to hear of your frustrations, we can certainly assist you. I've located your account so we can investigate further. I'll post back once we have news.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated while we work to address your concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi joep1016,

Thank you for your patience. We found the items that caused these price increases:

• The first increase from $129 to $142 was the addition of the Express Repair Premium fee $11.95 (and additional state and county equipment maintenance taxes)
  • The second increase from $142 to $153 was due to your HughesNet Voice service promotion ending. You had a $10 discount for your Voice service for the past three months which just ended.

HughesNet does not charge overage fees if you exceed your monthly data allowance. You'll only be charged more if you choose to purchase data tokens if you do exceed your allowance.

What error are you seeing when you try to view your bill online?

I didn't ask for express repair.  why am I paying for something i didn't ask for?

The error just says "Error please try again in a few min.  if the problem persists please call customer support".  thats what got me so frusterated the other day.  I called them and after being on hold for 31 min i got disconnected.  never talked to anyone.  I just tried again and got the same thing.  

Here is a cut and paste of what I get when I try to look at my bill.  

Invoice Detail 
"Please wait a minute and try again. If this error persists, please contact Customer Care at 1-866-347-3292."

just checked the my services tab and it is only showing phone service.  no internet and no express repair.  I was looking to see where I go to cancel the express repair.  nothing there.  

and when I go to shop/upgrade Optional services I get this:

ERROR: Oops, we were not able to authenticate you. Please call customer service and verify your account's Active status.

And here is what I get when I try to change the address from My home to my business.  Business address is where I have the service.  It also wont let me put in my Evening Phone Number.  It says I am not authorized to change the account info.

The Address could not be validated. [The street number in the input address was not valid.]. Please verify the Address and re-submit your request. Code PIM 80 : 160000005(P)

Hi joep1016,

Thank you, this info helps. Let me look into removing that Express Repair service and that error you're seeing. I'll post back once I have any updates to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks for your help liz.  

But now I have another problem.  No internet or phone at all.   there was a small storm that popped up earlier.  nothing big, just a little wind and some light rain.  It was working this AM but when I tried to get in about 2 hours ago there was nothing.  I unplugged the modem and re connected to restart it.  all the lights came on except the system light and the transmit light.  I have had much bigger storms here and not had this problem.   I am hot spotting my phone to send you this message.  

Hi joep1016,

I'm unable to make changes to your account since you're a business (SME) subscriber. With your initial concern, I sent it over to our Enterprise department to address. For immediate tech support for business customers, please call 1-800-347-3272 so we can get you back online.

Thanks I'll try that

Good morning joep1016,

I was just following up on your case and I'm glad to see in your account that your concerns, including your invoice concerns, were addressed last Friday when you called support. Do hang on to that business support number if you have additional questions. Thanks again for visiting the community!

Made a recommendation to the person I was talking to on the phone but not sure how far they can take it.  the recommendation was that for business customers, they should tell you to call the business support # instead of the regular support #.  that caused me much frustration when I finally got someone and it was the wrong #.   

Oh and By the way, I still can't view my bill or invouce from the myhughesnet page.  

Hi joep1016,

Welcome back and thank you for giving us your feedback. We're you ever able to view your invoices online? What I can do with your SME account is review your notes, and I see that in case 104522017, the notes indicate a SME agent walked you through http://customercare.myhughesnet.com and then you were able to view your invoices. If this is no longer the case, I would suggest trying the business support line again and reference that case:104522017

Liz 

I am able to view my bill using this  http://customercare.myhughesnet.com Link.  it's a pain in the butt having to log in again but I got there.  Guess What?  My bill went up again.  Please explain.  

Below is the e-mail that I recieved about my new bill.  it clearly states that I can view my bill if I log into myHughesnet.com.   When I go there and try to view my bill I am told that I can't view my bill try again later and if the problem persissts to call the customer Support #.  I am a business and I need to be able to print out my bill for tax purposes.  I can't even look at past invoices.  last month when i finally got someone in customer support they had me go to a different site (i forget how to get there) to view my bill and It worked.  I was under the assumption that this would be fixed and that i would be able to use the myhughesnet page in the future. 

logo

HughesNet Bill Is Ready 

Dear Joe Pucciariello,

Thank you for being a HughesNet customer. Your billing statement is ready to view at myHughesNet.com.

Sign in or register to pay your bill, view your usage, access support and more.

Thank you,

Hughes Billing Department

Hi joep1016,

Thanks for posting. I linked you that site in my latest reply to you in your original thread. I will inquire with our Support Center devs about viewing SME account invoices. 

Liz

Thanks for getting back to me.  

Here is what I get every time  when I try from myhughesnet.com:

Please wait a minute and try again. If this error persists, please contact Customer Care at 1-866-347-3292.