double billing, i want a credit!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobhoyt3son
Freshman

double billing, i want a credit!

On May 14th I made a payment for 78.12.  It has cleared myt account, I then set up automatic billing and on May 22, $94.05 was taken from my account for June.  I now see on my banks site there is a pending about due to come out today.  That is doulble billing and I would like this fixed.  So far, this has been a nightmare.  I understand it is an auto payment, but my online statement for June showed a 0 balance.  Please fix this or I will be forced to make my payments manually every month.  Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Liz

Good morning bobhoyt3son,

Thanks for reaching out, I can clear this up for you. There was no double-billing-- you're now caught up on all your payments and have a 0 balance at the moment.

If you look at your bills from April and May, you'll see that the $78.12 charge was a carry over from the April bill and the $94.05 is the May charge. Both of those charges we're paid off in May. Your June bill was paid today so that's why there's no balance now, and won't get the next one until July's bill. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions, I'm happy to answer!

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The HughesNet reps on this site can look into this for you; they're here M-F, typically during business hours.  You can also call the customer service toll-free line, 866-347-3292. 

I am on the phone with customer service right now, they don't listen to what is being said.  I am now on hold for almost 15 min.  which is not acceptable.  I don't want a paper bill, I don't want auto. payments, I am fully able to make my payments on the 15th.  This is the worst experience I have ever had with any company I have done business with.  I explaine to Denise 3 times what had happened, she is saying I owed something which is not right.  We paid up front for all fees.  My Account (hughesnet.com).  I need someone to help me to get my $69.05 back and take auto. payment away

maratsade

'K. If you're a residential (not business) subscriber, one of the reps here will check this out for you. They typically reply within a day or two.   

Sounds like you may want invoice billing -- keep in mind that'll cost you an extra $5 a month.

Liz

Good morning bobhoyt3son,

Thanks for reaching out, I can clear this up for you. There was no double-billing-- you're now caught up on all your payments and have a 0 balance at the moment.

If you look at your bills from April and May, you'll see that the $78.12 charge was a carry over from the April bill and the $94.05 is the May charge. Both of those charges we're paid off in May. Your June bill was paid today so that's why there's no balance now, and won't get the next one until July's bill. 

Please let me know if you have any further questions, I'm happy to answer!

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

I don't want a paper bill. I will make my payments on the due date in the future.  I won't pay an extra $5.00 for a service offered to us that was never explained.  For the record we were never told there was a balance of $172. or for what it was for.  Something doesn't make sense, so while I have resigned to the fact, you don't win with HUGHESNET, I prefer an email notificaton when my bill is due.  I got one today, saying we have a balance due for 6/25/22.  So, i know you can email bills.  Very aggravated with this whole process.  I already have posted on my calendars to pay on the 14th of each month.  Keep the paper!

maratsade

@Liz didn't suggest paper billing.  I suggested it, and it was just a suggestion, not a declaration of war. Don't want paper billing? No problem; it's your choice. 

Yes, I am well aware you offered that.  However your CSR said they can only send a paper bill with a charge of $5.00.  I repeatedly told her I don't want a paper bill, I can manage my own bill.  So, are ;you saying now, I don't need a paper bill at all, cause that works for me.  Liz was who I was responding to with my concern anyway.  WOW!

maratsade

Not my CSR. I don't work at HughesNet. This is a site for subscribers, and I'm one of them. 

Hi bobhoyt3son,

You can add your preferred payment method to be used for autopay here by following these instructions. To adjust your notifications, including for when your bill is generated, please follow this guide.

-Liz

GabeU

@bobhoyt3son 

For reference, regardless of when or how you pay your bill, there are only two options when it comes to billing.  Paper billing and automatic billing.  Paper billing comes with a $5 fee.  The only option in which there is no paper bill and no $5 charge is automatic billing.