Hughesnet Community

if been having problems how can I get out of contract without early termination fees is there a way

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stevenfrommo
Sophomore

if been having problems how can I get out of contract without early termination fees is there a way

just need to get out of my contract been having problems since started tried working things out but still same slow bad service can not do anything like watch movies,or on demand dont use wifi or nothing that might take away data only ben 11 days already down to 50% of data left & thats after not being to do anything but check email & facebook please help me to get out of this with no big fees please thanks

51 REPLIES 51

Good morning Steven,

I've received your latest PM, thank you for the update. Feel free to come back to the community if you have additional concerns.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

still messed up have not gotten an update or anything but not surprised at all used to hughes service hope you going to credit my account for whole month or really last 3 months will be cancelling soon thanks for the prompt replies

Good morning Steven,

Not sure if you forgot, but I addressed your concern in a private message on Wednesday, to which you replied. I will PM you again with my message from then as a reminder.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

still no updates been messed up for awhile now where is my credit see you all took money out of my account promptly thats the way you should address your customers promptly instead of waiting on a reply for days

Liz's last reply to you:

"Good morning Steven,

Not sure if you forgot, but I addressed your concern in a private message on Wednesday, to which you replied. I will PM you again with my message from then as a reminder."

Have you checked your PM's?

Have you replied to her PM?

Hi Steven,

Thank you very much for posting back. I have sent you a new PM. Looking forward to hearing back.

please read what you tell me at end of your thread dont tell me you never mention any credit back to me when right there it states it so still waiting for that credit to my account that you dont have a problem with....................

Hi Steven,

I apologize for any miscommunication and confusion, I did say I wouldn't have a problem issuing a credit, I just didn't say I would do it at that time. Per my PM to you ‎03-31-2017 02:48 PM, I've informed you that I issued a credit to your account per your request here, as well as the updates you requested.

sorry so long getting back been raining here so could not get internet no confusion on my end should be updated until I am no longer using hughes still have not seen any adjustment on bill but my payment was sure zoomed out on the 31st of month so do what got to do please & treat me like you do others until I get out of this shotty service

Good morning Steven,

Thanks for posting. I've sent you a PM with a screenshot of the credit on your account.

I have had Hughesnet for about 21/2 months and have not liked it from daY 1.  I have the phone and it always sounds garbled.  I have to call people  back on my cell. the internet is SLOWWWWWWW,, As the commercial says are we there yet .?  The cable is another thing, I hate it!  Also i was promised a $50 credit on my bill which i havent seen and a $100 gift card that must have been lost in mail. I

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@aldarnell

If you would like help with your phone and internet speed issues, you should start a new topic in the Tech Support section to get that help.  You can do so by clicking on the blue "Start a topic" button on the upper right while within the "Tech Support" section.  

I'm not sure what you are referring to with "cable." HughesNet doesn't provide cable TV.  And if there was a gift card promised by the service that you bundled HughesNet with, or the reseller you signed up for HughesNet through, you should contact that service or reseller to find out where your gift card is.  

As for the $50 credit on your HughesNet bill, you should start a new topic in the "myAccount and Billing" section for that particular issue, being that it is a separate, not tech issue.   

Hey most people would refer to it as cable guess you are trying to be a smart (  )  but I hate the service!

maratsade

Aldarnell, this is a help site, and not a complaint site. If you'd like help with an issue, then please post in the appropriate thread. What you are currently doing is spamming the site, and this is against the rules and could get you banned.  I hear that you're upset with the service you have received, and I wonder how come you did not do any research before subscribing.  

Im wondering why i didn't research too!

GabeU

@aldarnell wrote:

Hey most people would refer to it as cable guess you are trying to be a smart (  )  but I hate the service!

What would most people refer to as cable?  Cable is cable.  Some people mistakenly call satellite TV cable.  Is satellite TV what you are referring to?    

I wish i had known before I started using Hughesnet as well.

I ordered Dish Network and there was a bundle offer so I took it thinking nothng of it. Well I was wrong. If there was a way out I would take it. I was never told that I was locked into a contract with Hughesnet nor was I told there was a data cap. If I knew that I would never have swtiched. 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

If Netflix, best to set to low definition as explained here: Netflix Playback Setting

If YouTube, as soon as video starts use the gear icon to change definition to 360p or 244p, do not leave on auto or higher resolution. The 244p setting should look fine on smaller devices.

If any other  streaming site, do not use if there is no adjustment for video definition that at least allows 360p or lower.

I don't know they keep offering to have someone call me about getting out of the contract but no one ever calls. I have been trying since after the first month. They are scumbags they're not interested in helping people I think they rely on that early termination fee to stay in business and claim they never got the equipment back so they can get the money for that as well.

I have never hated a company more than hughesnet other than the USPS

I called today to cancel my service with Hughes.  This is the worst internet and phone service I have ever had in my entire life.  What I was told to get me to sign up was a total lie because I am still paying as much as I was previously and the phone and internet goes down if the weather is a little bad.  That is not good if you have someone in the house that is handicapped and may need medical attention at any time.  Had a different internet and phone installed today from a reliable company and then called Hughes to cancel my service.  Of course I had to pay a early termination fee of $370 which is totally wrong in my opinion and paid over $300 when I signed their stupid contract a year ago. To top that off they will not stop my service untill my due date of the 26th.   Had nothing but trouble out of this for the last year.  Slow internet even when my time starts new and slowly gets worse.  Will stop now because just writing about Hughes makes me angry and upset.  God help those cheating people. 

That's your guys solution for the customer tell them to settle for lower quality videos. I don't know if his/her service is like mine but I can't even get netflix to load even when I have Data to burn.

Come on though what's wrong with you people, that is your solution lower the quality? Would you buy a steak at a fancy restaurant for 20 bucks and be ok with getting a mcdouble from mcdonalds instead? No, you wouldn't, you would be upset and you would never go back to that restaurant again.